THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
bing13

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by bing13 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:30 pm

A big thank you for this public service! Now....

This is Huge:
"I agree that the MIDI editing abilities from Live could be more advanced and need more space on the screen."

Live just falls down when it comes to professional midi editing. It really hurts given where the serious competition has been for years (of course, they typically evolved from the midi-only space). Top of my list are:

*punch-in punch-out editing,
* ability to clone sections/blocks/subunits of a track from within arrangement mode (Rather than flipping back in session mode and then recording into arrangement mode). This is important when you're working linearly.
* bigger visual workspace,
* more flexible tools,
* whatever else we can get!

Equally important - and this brings tears to my eyes - we really need a midi patch browser window/pop-up for our external midi gear. I don't want to have to deal with aging laminated cards that came with my gear to find the bank/subbank/program numbers. Give me a picklist, and let me audition my sounds(!!). And then just point-and-click to select. Other vendors do it.

Some of you are thinking, "Ableton isn't going to know about your Thunderbolt Greaseslapper XV-225 monophonic hybrid patchcord/midi synth from nineteen-eighty-something. " No problem. I'm happy to do whatever keypunching is needed for my MT-32 or whatever else is hiding here, and share it with the community. Small investment of time, infinite payback!

At various points (including earlier today) I've thought about defecting back to an Old Guard vendor. But Ableton does such monstrously great job with UI/UX design, and thinking like musicians.....

Well, I feel a bit better. Thank y'all for letting me rant!

PS: any rumors about when we'll see v9?

BrandonJames444

Post by BrandonJames444 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 am

I would very much like pan and scan mouse capabilities. i.e Hold down, lets say, option alt or shift while rolling mouse wheel to zoom in and out of focused area.

THis would make production way faster and more convenient. I would love to put this right under 64 bit on the list.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I have been out of the loop for a minute I need to donate some of my studio time to reading forums again. :)

theoriva

Post by theoriva » Mon May 09, 2011 11:52 am

We need built in D.N.A. :twisted: !!!!

condra

Post by condra » Mon May 09, 2011 12:31 pm

the rapper?

heppareppana

Post by heppareppana » Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 am

tempus3r wrote:
Joshua_313 wrote: So my specific request is that the user be able to change the meter range and also toggle between Peak value and RMS.
Big +1 for me. Sick of using different 3rd party plugins for this.
+1 from here too.
Also a possibility to set something like Bob Katz K-Metering system to all meters, especially master. This would not require too much of coding i would assume.

Live would benefit also if there would be bigger, more comprehensive reference manual. I really liked the parts about audio quality etc in Live 8's manual (or was it 7?). At this time there was alot of talk about Live's soundquality but this part in the manual took all my doubts away. All this, though, is not really that necessary..

bubu baba

Post by bubu baba » Thu May 12, 2011 1:16 pm

mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm

and ability to create your own ONE key shortcuts , i don´t think they are going to make these , they should but they won´t ... its a fuckin frustrating.. still have to use live7 because vitaminL , fuckin hate abletons zoom its so fuckin annoying, i almost loose it everytime i have to use live without vitaminL ..

sach160

Post by sach160 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:41 pm

bubu baba wrote:mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm

and ability to create your own ONE key shortcuts , i don´t think they are going to make these , they should but they won´t ... its a fuckin frustrating.. still have to use live7 because vitaminL , fuckin hate abletons zoom its so fuckin annoying, i almost loose it everytime i have to use live without vitaminL ..
I feel you man. I managed to get some of vitamin l working on live 8 but better keyboard and mouse customisation has got to be in live 9 - surely. It's requested a lot and I'm guessing would be easy for ableton to implement, but who knows if they're listening...

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 pm

I don't want mousewheel zoom.

I want mousewheel support for ALL rotaries, and mousewheel zoom in conjunction with a keyboard press, such as alt.

BrandonJames444

Post by BrandonJames444 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:21 pm

thats what we are talking about

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

sach160 wrote:
bubu baba wrote:mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm mOusEwHEEL ZOOm

I feel you man. I managed to get some of vitamin l working on live 8 but better keyboard and mouse customisation has got to be in live 9 - surely. It's requested a lot and I'm guessing would be easy for ableton to implement, but who knows if they're listening...
I imagine they're listening but I also suspect that Live 9 won't incorporate everyone's requests, mostly on the grounds that they'll be working on greater stability, more than bells and whistles.
ct
I agree though, anything that helps us users integrate better with the tools on offer has my vote. Infact, i'd rather see better integration than anything......oh, and for them to do something about random spikes!

MauricioAndrades

Post by MauricioAndrades » Sun May 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Can we get the ability to slope Spectrum or a psycho acoustic emulation inside spectrum like MeldaProduction's MAnalyzer?

Also the ability to Lock a plugin on another screen? (Have it not move or disappear no matter what you do)

I would also like the ability to Resample Pre-Master Chain.

miro

Post by miro » Sun May 22, 2011 2:05 pm

I personally would love a switch in EQ8, where you can either use

1) the "classic" view, as it was
2) switch to s "knobs only" view (without graphic display")

something like this:

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Thu May 26, 2011 1:37 pm

hi !

here im dreaming about :

- STABILITY : above all !

- NO MORE ISSUES WITH LATENCY (and in general) AND 3RD PARTIES PLUGS .

- BOUNCE IN PLACE : (to avoid freezing ,flatteing ,unfreezing etc.. for ALL sounds contained in the track not ergonomic)great time saver to process one sound after another to put fx on them ,for resampling etc..

- A REAL AUDIO EDITOR :to complete the lacks on the audio side of live and to not to have to go outside live for editing .

+

- DNA EDITOR MELODYNE LIKE INCLUDED IN THE AUDIO EDITOR

- POSSIBILITY TO SEE ALL MIDI TRACKS EVENTS IN ONE WINDOW (color coded): nice for score composing, to make couterpoint.

- AUTOSLICE FUNCTION IN ARRANGEMENT BASED ON TRANSIENTS OR GRID FOR AUDIO FILES.

- POSSIBILITY TO APPLY A GROOVE ON A GROUP OF AUDIO FILES ON THE SAME TRACK IN ARRANGEMENT WITHOUT HAVING TO CONSOLIDATE THEM BEFORE :
just treating some short samples like midi events.
so if you have several audio clips on the same track are on 1/16 grid ,after the groove fx is applied they will be rearranged along the time line and grid depending the groove model .

- A CONVOLUTION DEVICE : plus a library of classics hardware :reverbs , modulations fx , eqs , comps ,preamps ,console emulation etc...

- GRANULAR SYNTHESIS IN SIMPLER AND BETTER SOUND AND BETTER PITCH/TRANSPOSE SOUND (like N.I battery 3 or kontakt) WITH DIFFERENTS QUALITY SETTINGS.

i hope... :D

sach160

Post by sach160 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey does anyone else get a bit annoyed when producing tracks all the plugin window open state and positions are forgotten on saving and re-opening? I can see how this feature would be just as useful for the live live users too. Again I'm baffled why such a seemingly simple feature isn't already there. Fingers crossed it will be in live 9!

mid_knight

Post by mid_knight » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 pm

I don't think i saw this one here and i know i'm not supposed to make any comparisons to other programs but it would be great to see a new analog synth or the original analog on steroids. Something like the thor synth in Reason, where basically any parameter can be made to modulate another parameter. Lots of different choice of filters, different types of oscillators. And it would be cool to see more oscillators, maybe 8 at the most. Could be like the original analog except with 4 different panels that you can switch between and layer for big complex sounds with just one synth!

MidKnight