THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
timeline85

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by timeline85 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:07 am

MIDI-

1)

Live currently records MIDI "as heard" from the instrument rather than "as played". This has been mentioned in other threads and has been confirmed by Ableton staff. This means that if you're like me, and play in time regardless of any latency, then the recorded MIDI is delayed. The access virus TI instruments even have a "LIVE" button that compensates for this (I'm sure "Live" is a reference to ableton).

Please make an option to choose between recording MIDI "as heard" like live currently does, and to record MIDI "as played" which is how every other DAW on the planet does it. Let us decide which way we want to work.

2)

Please give us the option to remove the filters live has in place for MIDI events such as sysex and polyAT. It would be awesome if LIVE would actually implement and support ALL MIDI data, but if for some reason that isn't possible then please let us still route this data through live. As it currently stands, if my keyboard controller supports PolyAT and I want to route it out of a MIDI port or into Max4Live, I cannot do this within Live as Live will filter it out.

MAX FOR LIVE

1)

Support for multiple MIDI channels through one MIDI track. Many of my max patches use more than one MIDI channel, to use them in Max for Live I have to use a master max patch with send and receive objects, which are not very reliable.

2)

Something that would help with #1, let us access MIDI ports directly from within Max for Live. Let me control the object from within Live, but let the object access the ports directly so I can do things like generate PolyAT and multi-channel MIDI data.

Jettrink1

Post by Jettrink1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I would like to be able to set the record quantization for individual midi tracks so that on some tracks they would apply quantization as it is recorded while other tracks would not apply any quantization. Currently I have to record my midi drums with no quantization then apply it after recording by using the edit menu, or vice versa. This doesn't work to well with performing live.
Also I think anything that a mouse can control should be able to be controlled with a midi or key function without the use of third party software.
Jett

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am

OPERATOR = I would love to see 6 operators +32 algorithms. Like the DX7/TX802/TX816

Envelope Editing = when I Revert the audio of the clip, each edited envelope within the clip should be reverted too_ really a must have for workflow.

Midi FX = an LFO device which can be assigned to any parameter [sidechains, or parameter in a midi instrument]

thanks for reading :wink:

IP

Post by IP » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 pm

OUT OF CONTROL!!! lol

wait for me ... stop posting for a month or 2 ;p

marker - all added to notepad....

Edit: all in marker

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:27 pm

1.stability (#1!!)
2.better m4l integration (sysex handling etc.etc.etc.)
3.customizable kbd shortcuts.
4. multi midi ch support for the 'remote' layer..
5. racks overhaul (more banks of macros ..alternitivly.. ability to map outer macros to inner devices..
( devices in racks withing racks)
6.parameter modulation devices.including peak and envelope followers.
7.mp3 export.
8.return tracks draggable from browser..
9. bettered reverb.
10. 4 band multiband comp.
11. an ability to go upwards in 'follow actions'

...I can think of more but I've gotta go..!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Live 9 should get rid of the bloat...

it should just be Looper, a metronome and transport controls, come with lots of stickers, t-shirts and other assorted crap, cost 12 bucks less and start working properly after about 3 or 4 updates.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

8O

Re: Native Subversion support

Post by 8O » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Lefaux wrote:Live could feature support for versioning systems.
This basically comes from programming but I like to keep different versions of live projects in subversion so I can keep my notebook and my machine in the studio in sync without manually fiddling with files.
+1 great idea. A Subversion repository browser inside Live would be fantastic!

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Here's the first 10 that come to mind.

1. Stability.

2. Follow Actions at end of clip.
Preferably with an empty field where time can be entered. Then there could be some time before the follow action is executed.
For example:
- End + 1 minute
- End + 30 seconds
This time field could also be represented as 00:00:00 for hours, minutes, seconds.

3. Clip Envelopes should work with un-warped clips.

4. Preview Tab in the Browser should allow you to position the playhead with un-warped clips the way it does for warped clips.

5. More support for un-warped clips: extend more of the features that work with warped clips to un-warped clips.

6. Multi-speaker & surround support.

7. Hide the Master channel.

8. Group Return Tracks.

9. Audio effects with their own Tap-Tempo, independent of the Global tempo.

10. Dual monitor support:
Session one one monitor/Arrange on another.

Oh yeah: SHOW TIME (LENGTH OF CLIP) IN CLIP VIEW FOR WARPED TRACKS -yes you changed it for a reason, but FIND A WAY TO INDICATE THE ACTUAL LENGTH OF A WARPED CLIP. :evil:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=15
And if you're unwilling to do this, then see number 5 above. :wink:

skwosh

Native Git support [Re: Native Subversion support]

Post by skwosh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:16 am

8O wrote:
Lefaux wrote:Live could feature support for versioning systems.
This basically comes from programming but I like to keep different versions of live projects in subversion so I can keep my notebook and my machine in the studio in sync without manually fiddling with files.
+1 great idea. A Subversion repository browser inside Live would be fantastic!
+1 but make it Git.

Git is decentralized (no need for a central server for shared projects), Peer-to-Peer (instead of synchronizing through a central server, changes are pushed/pulled between anyone interested), and has superior performance (your entire history is stored locally, and is not stored as diffs).

I think a full song diff would be far off, but at least the ability to switch between branches of a project and to exchange stuff between them would be awesome.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 am

oblique strategies wrote:Here's the first 10 that come to mind.

1. Stability.

2. Follow Actions at end of clip.
Preferably with an empty field where time can be entered. Then there could be some time before the follow action is executed.
For example:
- End + 1 minute
- End + 30 seconds
This time field could also be represented as 00:00:00 for hours, minutes, seconds.

3. Clip Envelopes should work with un-warped clips.

4. Preview Tab in the Browser should allow you to position the playhead with un-warped clips the way it does for warped clips.

5. More support for un-warped clips: extend more of the features that work with warped clips to un-warped clips.

6. Multi-speaker & surround support.

7. Hide the Master channel.

8. Group Return Tracks.

9. Audio effects with their own Tap-Tempo, independent of the Global tempo.

10. Dual monitor support:
Session one one monitor/Arrange on another.

Oh yeah: SHOW TIME (LENGTH OF CLIP) IN CLIP VIEW FOR WARPED TRACKS -yes you changed it for a reason, but FIND A WAY TO INDICATE THE ACTUAL LENGTH OF A WARPED CLIP. :evil:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=15
And if you're unwilling to do this, then see number 5 above. :wink:
+1 for all of these...

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:29 am

3dot... wrote: +1 for all of these...
Hey 3dot... you may want to add your voice to the chorus for these feature requests:

Follow Action when clip ends:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=105

Multi-speaker & surround support:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69271
AND
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95453

Hide Master channel:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133455

Group Return tracks:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=133455

Dual monitor support:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=99011

Utterly shameless bumpage!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by oblique strategies on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 am

+1 for surround..

makeem

Post by makeem » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:21 pm

"a "vintage" sampler mode plugin for Drumrack that emulates the sound of the SP1200 (Filter, 12 Bit & Pitch Algoritm) and a Drumrack Controller with Step Seq and a xy pad (padKontrol, NI Maschine)....Please

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Capture Video
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

kavabanga

Post by kavabanga » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 am

i really wish i could close opened plugin windows by selecting it and pressing "command+w" in live 9 or earlier like it's made in logic studio.
it would save loads of time!