THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
regretfullySaid

Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:09 pm

friend_kami wrote:
javierf55 wrote:The ability to be web based so the users does not need to buy and download versions, but pay a monthly rent to use it!!
are you serious?
monthly subscription to make music with a daw?
get the f*ck out of here man.
Is this idea a threat to you or something?
ImageImage

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:03 pm

shadx312 wrote:
friend_kami wrote:
javierf55 wrote:The ability to be web based so the users does not need to buy and download versions, but pay a monthly rent to use it!!
are you serious?
monthly subscription to make music with a daw?
get the f*ck out of here man.
Is this idea a threat to you or something?
considering that i bought the damned software i'd say yes it is.
as much as it is a stupid idea for m to pay money every month in order to continue doing music which is my passion, but also mainly a hobby, as i don't make much money off it at all. also: i already bought it. i dislike the idea of rebuying things, even if it's split up under several months. it's like going to the bookstore and buy a book, then continue paying for it after 2 weeks time because you didn't read it in time. it's yours, but it's not.

incredibly stupid idea.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Ah, I considered it as an extra option; you didn't. Gotcha.
ImageImage

Deimateos

Post by Deimateos » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm

friend_kami wrote:incredibly stupid idea.
+1
That said, I get wanting to access a full-fledged DAW from anywhere (including a crappy old pc, tablet or netbook), but that's...

1.going to be very expensive to implement. It is basically asking them to make an entirely new business to run. It doesn't matter if it's "Live 9 online", it's asking Ableton to expand from just selling and supporting products to selling products and supporting and running an "always-on" (cloud-based or server farm-run) subscription service.

2. It's still unproven as a profitable business model for media production (If you're really sold on the subscription idea, try to get on the Ohm Studio beta and see if it even works well
http://www.ohmstudio.com/)

If no one's put it up: MIDI Reverse

A la this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpeaaOHXRuw&t=7m39s

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:58 pm

I don't disagree it's not a good idea it was just the reaction was kind of irking.
Although if I were to try it as a business I'd charge by hour and it wouldn't be web-based.
ImageImage

ray619

Post by ray619 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 am

Is there a way that step recording can be setup to advance automatically to a set note length? so that you can just set, say 16th notes and without having click the right arrow key have the steps advance automatically while playing the keyboard?

I would love if this was possible. My favorite sequencer that is capable of doing this is the Ensoniq onboard sequencers. And what this does is allow you to play the keyboard two handed and play phrases at my own speed without having to remove one hand from the controller keyboard.

This way of step recording is great for basslines etc.. where two handed keyboard playing is key to creating a phrase etc..

hendrikstudio

Post by hendrikstudio » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:18 am

this list is ridiculous :)

one thing..
you got this solution for colours

@13.

and you got this solution

@27.

choose one..
for me square thing which we already have in live is enough. But the slider is a nice idea.. the only thing which disturbs me a little is the part below the slider.. there you have "currently used Colour in set".. how does it feel if you got 40 colours or more.. it would blow your window right? maybe an colour code like in adobe would take care of this prob.

so maybe for the slider thing its a little to early or there must be a better solution. but the square thing instead of the kilometer colours would be nice i think.

_seph

Post by _seph » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:59 pm

I would assume this has been suggested, but I didn't find it mentioned...

but, the one thing I would truly LOVE to see added to Live is AAS's Tassman

their instruments in the Ableton Suite are fantastic and if Tassman's modular environment were to be included, the Ableton Suite (+M4L) would really be an all in one bundle. I would assume this would be beneficial to AAS (especially since Tassman 4 released in '04 and has only seen compatibility updates over the last 8 years) and it would make the Ableton Suite a definite contender against NI's Komplete bundle.

I love Ableton, it single-handedly inspired me to return to music creation after getting really burnt out. The only thing that I really find that is missing is more advanced synthesis and audio processing. This has been addressed with Max4Live, but if the Tassman environment could be worked throughout the application I would have no need to ever leave Live and that integrated seamlessness and immediacy is incredibly important to me.

Ill Frequencies

Post by Ill Frequencies » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:33 pm

The ability for the track to still be played when you select solo even if the track is not activated. I turn off a lot of tracks but its quite annoying when I just want to listen to it in solo if the group is not activated and if the track is not activated.

Being able to rename in arrangement mode when it's not zoomed in to a certain point.

Being able to highlight something midi clip, automation etc. Then be able to reverse it.

Select several audio effects at once and be able to turn them all off at the same time like you can with tracks.
Last edited by Ill Frequencies on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pathosmusic

Post by pathosmusic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:07 pm

How about multiple clip editing on the bottom warping window. For example, it would be much easier and "cleaner" if I could open up 2 audio clips on top of one another to make lining up vocals and other transients in one window. Right now you have to edit 1 clip in the bottom, and zoom in on the top window on both tracks to see the changes in conjuction with the track you are trying to line up.

Obviously I would like a second window for the mixer view, but im sure thats been said 1023901293 times.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 pm

here's another one:
have a track list window/browser/whathave so that you can hide tracks completely from the session view/arrangement view.
working with some 300 tracks and groups and shit gets very tedious, especially on a laptop screen. as much as i like my scrollwheel, sometimes i just want to not see every freaking part of a (huge) layer i am working on.

Ill Frequencies

Post by Ill Frequencies » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:15 pm

friend_kami wrote:here's another one:
have a track list window/browser/whathave so that you can hide tracks completely from the session view/arrangement view.
working with some 300 tracks and groups and shit gets very tedious, especially on a laptop screen. as much as i like my scrollwheel, sometimes i just want to not see every freaking part of a (huge) layer i am working on.
Yeah that can be quite annoying thats where groups can help to an extent. A search function would be cool if you wanna search for a clip and don't wanna scroll through all those tracks.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Ill Frequencies wrote:
friend_kami wrote:here's another one:
Yeah that can be quite annoying thats where groups can help to an extent. A search function would be cool if you wanna search for a clip and don't wanna scroll through all those tracks.
however that doesn't really solve the issue.
also, groups with several clips on them have their little miniature overview thing which you can't turn off, and the more shit you have in them the messier it gets.

this is a group with 31 tracks minimized as much as possible: Image

not really space-saving is it?
now imagine it was full of clips, it would look like that but with a lot of really tiny small little colored boxes inside there. now take this and duplicate them a couple of times. the horror!

also, good luck diving into that group fiddling with one track. huhu, the scrollwheel will burn.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 pm

That's a good point, and in arrangement, you can't drag or edit the group, either:/
ImageImage

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 pm

shadx312 wrote:That's a good point, and in arrangement, you can't drag or edit the group, either:/
meaning that it's just a big blob taking up precious screen estate.
also, this: if i hide my tracks in a group, why would i want to see the overview of the group?
i hid them for a reason..?