All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:00 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 13014
Location: The Wild West
yeah keep bumping it!

i recently overheard two Ableton employees who were on break talking about how funny they think it is that they all sit around and vote NO whenever the almost daily topic comes up at all their meetings to sticky. this. thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:28 pm 

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Posts: 1576
Location: South London
they'll be really laughing when they don't have a job

_________________
My Music:

https://soundcloud.com/ian_halsall/sets/mhtrtf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:50 pm
Posts: 11636
Location: MacAbleton Towers, sunny Manchester.
H20nly wrote:
yeah keep bumping it!

i recently overheard two Ableton employees who were on break talking about how funny they think it is that they all sit around and vote NO whenever the almost daily topic comes up at all their meetings to sticky. this. thread.


you work in Ableton HQ? Or did you just bug it?

_________________
Image
★ 140 PAGES OF FREE exclusive Ableton Live and Mac OS X tutorials ★ News, interviews, gear reviews ★ Productivity, ergonomics, mouse-free computing
"great site with clear instructions and i like it that you make it understandable" dwiddy
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:42 pm 

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Posts: 1576
Location: South London
the james bond of the music world?

for your ears only

_________________
My Music:

https://soundcloud.com/ian_halsall/sets/mhtrtf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:04 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 13014
Location: The Wild West
i smoke in the same alley.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 am 

Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm
Posts: 2264
ian_halsall wrote:
they'll be really laughing when they don't have a job



this.

_________________
soundcloud - electronic and shit.
me+you - EP01 - electronic/jazz/rock/postrock and shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm 

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:52 am
Posts: 105
Location: Ireland
Fix Latency in Abe so it behaves like all other DAWs.....as explained in this thread.......


viewtopic.php?f=3&t=185047


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:05 am 

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 am
Posts: 3
Excellent post I.P. my hat's off to you. (Bump)

One thing that would be an improvement would be the audio quality. The sound coming out of ableton is so poor for a better word.

1. Would like FL10 resampling options of bouncing a file that will stay the way the person actually listened to and mixed it!

2. A broadcast metering meter would be nice!

3. Better looking factory plugins.

4. Better slice options for midi.

5. Surround sound.

6. Spectral Viewer.

You've covered the rest!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 am 

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:58 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Exeter, Devon, UK!
The facility to collaborate in real time over the net like in ohm studio so you have a chat box on one side of the screen to chat with your mate and it updates with new changes to a composition. Obviously if you had different plug ins that the other person doesn't have the program should auto freeze that track so the other person could fiddle with the audio if they wanted.

_________________
beats are there to be broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Outerspace
I'd need only one thing more:

ability to have tracks that could be both MIDI & AUDIO

it is totally unfriendly to have to choose at the beginning.

what if I want to use an audio clip with a rhythm and I have already a MIDI track for all my drums (with drum rack) ??
-> I have to create another track only for that...

artificial!

_________________
julien
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Network Audio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 am 

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:32 am
Posts: 30
Looking for years for a working network audio solution, that brings musicians together via the world wide web.
Noone has the final clue in the past - is it really that big problem nowadays?
...but network audio is the base i (and many other people) want to work with in the near future.

bitwig has announced network audio.
therefore the network audio feature its a must have for the next major release of ableton live !!!

Hey ableton team - wake up - we want you to be and stay the number one DAW.
please guys, don't wait to long - the market is fluid and things can change very fast - don't forget to react...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Network Audio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:05 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Outerspace
Thomasch wrote:
Looking for years for a working network audio solution, that brings musicians together via the world wide web.
Noone has the final clue in the past - is it really that big problem nowadays?
...but network audio is the base i (and many other people) want to work with in the near future.

bitwig has announced network audio.
therefore the network audio feature its a must have for the next major release of ableton live !!!

Hey ableton team - wake up - we want you to be and stay the number one DAW.
please guys, don't wait to long - the market is fluid and things can change very fast - don't forget to react...


Some Max for Live (I mean.... Max) solutions can be used.
BUT .. indeed, it isn't a native solution !!! you are right.

_________________
julien
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Network Audio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm 

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:32 am
Posts: 30
julienb wrote:
Some Max for Live (I mean.... Max) solutions can be used.
BUT .. indeed, it isn't a native solution !!! you are right.


Did you mean this Max4live patch?
http://fabriziopoce.com/AuNetTools.html
Its the only solution i found, but never tested by myself.

Doe's it work stable in therms of sync, dropouts etc.?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Network Audio
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:24 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:15 pm
Posts: 1749
Location: Outerspace
Thomasch wrote:
julienb wrote:
Some Max for Live (I mean.... Max) solutions can be used.
BUT .. indeed, it isn't a native solution !!! you are right.


Did you mean this Max4live patch?
http://fabriziopoce.com/AuNetTools.html
Its the only solution i found, but never tested by myself.

Doe's it work stable in therms of sync, dropouts etc.?



I didn't test it myself.
but, for instance, some friends used NINJAM with big success.
Of course, not native too..

_________________
julien
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE NEW BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:24 am
Posts: 8
A bump on being able to import return tracks from other projects. thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group