[FR] Ban Jase From Out Of Space from Posting Feature Request

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
bensuthers

[FR] Ban Jase From Out Of Space from Posting Feature Request

Post by bensuthers » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:41 am

it's not that we don't love you.

but you should learn to use the tools you have.

it's an instrument, with idiosyncrasies defined by the fact it was designed by someone else other than you.

you're endless requests to customise Ableton are getting old.

Give it a rest; you'll be happier.

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:30 am

You've gotta be kidding Ben ?

Chill !

In case you haven't noticed this is a FEATURE REQUEST forum. If I was posting Feature Suggestions elsewhere you'd have reason for complaint.
If the Ableton's weren't interested in Feature Suggestions from their user base then they wouldn't have created a separate forum for it right?

I'm on topic. I've made suggestions I'm sure some users welcome. If these were complaints indicating it's not possible to get work done I would have posted a series of bugs (fortunately there are very very few of those). That's all that matters.

I've been using Live for a considerable amount of time now and I'm anything but a newbie. In fact only now (since using Live from version 2 onward) I feel I've some valid input.

Live 4 (since becoming a MIDI sequencer) is now used equally as much as Cubase SX3 in my work. My use of Live4 is daily (down at the pub, cafe, river front, whatever). The sexy black manual is permanently "dunny reading material" and "cigarette break reading material" when I'm at work. In fact I accidentally lost my manual at the polling booth after queing at our recent Federal Election here in Australia !!! grrrrrrrrrr

Ben, like yourself, I've come from many, many years of using many synths/software from the 80s onward all with their little niggles. Of course we merely accept these "limitations" and move on however Ableton is a product enjoying continued development unlike most hardware devices.

IMHO Ableton is one of the most exciting tools for music production to hit the scene in recent years and that's why I care to post (otherwise I wouldn't bother). I've had these suggestions on my mind for a while and simply have found a small pocket of time in my schedule to post them. That's why there's been a sudden influx of feature requests from me. My posting will settle down soon.

Is there any need to be such a Negative Nancy mister Suthers ??
; )

Chill !
Look me up when you're next in Melbourne ...
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:59 am

jase. you chill out. i'm not angry at you. i'm just bored of people's selfish attempts to improve what is a wonderful program.

attempts to make it more complex are just plain wrong. ableton haven't done anything wrong so far. just let them continue.

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:55 pm

Heres my request list for ABleton LIve

1. I would like clips to have pretty little pictures on them as opposed to a simple color.

2. the Session view should give me the current weather forecast

3. Why oh WHY can't you Ableton freaks allow me to edit PDF files in the arrangment window?????? C'mon... get with it!

4. The metronome needs to have a better sounding click. Like the famous 'Psycho' screech would be nice.

5. When a clip is dragged onto a track, i want Live to automatically detect the BPM, Quantization, Time signature, Length of song, VSTs recommended for the song, which record label would most likely distribute the song, and the types of girls that would masterbate to it.

6. It would be so much easier if Live could do bank transactions online as i create my song

7. Last but not least.... I better get back to work or my boss will kick my ass

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:24 pm

lol
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS