Ability to name and rename audio inputs & outputs

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Vincent Beijer

Ability to name and rename audio inputs & outputs

Post by Vincent Beijer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi there,

Would love to be able to name and rename the audio outputs and inputs to better integrate external hardware in 'the loop', makes it easier to route by not having to go back to my A4 with routing settings 8)

mpc183

Re: Ability to name and rename audio inputs & outputs

Post by mpc183 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 am

Me too! This needs to get fixed. Ableton is a professional app now and audio is a big part of it. Using Aggregate devices or large I/O devices, this is a must.
Pretty basic... even the ability to get the names from the Audio MIDI setup app would be fine.

Please add this to 9.7.3! This request is all over the web.

Thanks

ADV13

Post by ADV13 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 pm

mpc183 wrote:Me too! This needs to get fixed. Ableton is a professional app now and audio is a big part of it. Using Aggregate devices or large I/O devices, this is a must.
Pretty basic... even the ability to get the names from the Audio MIDI setup app would be fine.

Please add this to 9.7.3! This request is all over the web.

Thanks
PLEASE!!!!!! I have a pretty large Aggregate setup and it is difficult to remember what ins and outs are what. Also, the MIDI device names from the Audio Midi app. I have a ton of old 90's midi gear and I would love to see the device name in prefs instead of the midi port (Example: Midi Express XT 8).

ORyan87

Post by ORyan87 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 am

We are on version 10 and still don’t have this!!!! Pls just let the software talk to audio midi!!!!