BOUNCE IN PLACE LOGIC LIKE pleeasse !

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
petit nuage

BOUNCE IN PLACE LOGIC LIKE pleeasse !

Post by petit nuage » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:51 pm

:D All is in the title !!!

it will be a wonderful addition and nice present (im thinking about live 8.1.1 instability héhé)for live 8.5 but it will be sooo looong to wait for live 9 because logic have it now.

So for lot of us it will be like a final touch for the audio editor side of live.
And very in the live spirit :time saver, ergonomical etc..

So we believe in you ableton !!!

all the best ,

Walkingmachine

Re: BOUNCE IN PLACE LOGIC LIKE pleeasse !

Post by Walkingmachine » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm

what do you mean exactly? would this be the same as 'flattening'? right click midi track..flatten

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:26 am

not exactly...

imagine you have a track/column in session view full of diffents audio clips and you want to clean them up individually with eq and comp .
you have to eq and comp one clip AND freeze ALL the clips, this may be a long wait if you have lot of clips.
so freeze all clips + flatten + unfreeze JUST for ONE clip...

bounce in place its like by exple in audacity free editor...its destructive way for applying an fx just to one audio clip.
for me its sooo much time saver and quicker than flattening thing or routing and resampling.

so you can PRINT an fx setting directly into an audio clip in arrangement or in session view.

digitalrust

Post by digitalrust » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 pm

I would love this too. Cubase implemented this well.

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:15 pm

yes cubase implement it well too...and i dont have cubase and logic ..héhé ...live is my only one daw !
but ive seen a video on you tube about that new logic 9 feature and it had a name :bounce in place

So it is much easy than destructive print or overwritten audio etc...
And im waiting to that since live 4

I hope ableton will have a customer friendly behavior and implement it freely in a live 8.5 version (free for the users or long users ...but maybe not for everyone) to forget bad memories about first versions of live 8 and this BETA that during since too much MONTHS..

yesterday like other days : 2 differents crashes but always the same that had corrupted again a new live set : - serious program error
- and a problem with not enough memory (i ve lot of ram on my computer)

with these two types of crashes, i cant work very well since i have live 8...
i ve lost good songs with that ..so ive lost(corrupted set files) hours of work and it has no price for me !!!

So it would be soo customer friendly to do this version 8.5 with little present(s)

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

yes, or "freeze clip"

dutch_schulz

Post by dutch_schulz » Mon May 24, 2010 12:15 pm

I badly miss this one, too..

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Mon May 24, 2010 12:26 pm

+ 1.
One EQ per track when you use samples makes no sense.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

psyfi

Post by psyfi » Mon May 24, 2010 1:56 pm

All I hear about from cubase users is offline processing. Think it needs to be implemented well in Ableton to.

dutch_schulz

Post by dutch_schulz » Wed May 26, 2010 5:46 pm

How 'bout this:
cmd+option + drag'n drop clip creates a copy with all inserts AND sends pressed onto original

ah, wouldn't it be nice!

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu May 27, 2010 2:07 am

petit nuage wrote:not exactly...

imagine you have a track/column in session view full of diffents audio clips and you want to clean them up individually with eq and comp .
you have to eq and comp one clip AND freeze ALL the clips, this may be a long wait if you have lot of clips.
so freeze all clips + flatten + unfreeze JUST for ONE clip...

bounce in place its like by exple in audacity free editor...its destructive way for applying an fx just to one audio clip.
for me its sooo much time saver and quicker than flattening thing or routing and resampling.

so you can PRINT an fx setting directly into an audio clip in arrangement or in session view.
I know it's not the same and may be an obvious workaround, and also requires a couple of extra tracks, but if for example I am creating some different clips from a VST instrument - like say I want to try a synth line with FM8 then make an audio clip from it, then try the same clip with a different preset, then I usually have a spare MIDI track to the left and a spare audio track to the right - I will drag any MIDI clips that I don't want to freeze to the left to leave just one, then freeze the one that's left on the FM8 track, then option+drag the frozen clip to the audio track where it becomes an audio clip

then unfreeze the FM8 track and I can quite quickly go through and make a whole bunch of different clips in this way

you can also use a group track and group them together to keep it neat

of course as I said it's not the same and I agree with the feature request, this is just a workflow I have found to work pretty well in the mean time

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm

yeah thanks for all your tips!

but in the future i hope that i will not have to use workaround trick héhé

but for me its MAJOR feature ,and i hope that ableton will finish the audio editor side of live in the next upgrade (8.5 or 9).

plus ,i hope they will implement a new track's format and new clip's format in session view : arranger track and clip arranger, which can contains audio in order to sequence directly into it a bit like play order track in cubase or playlist (if im not wrong...) in pro tools .

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Fri May 28, 2010 4:21 pm

How would you see fx tails and so on being handled, especially as clips are very often looped.

Maybe allow it to ply through the loop once before starting the bounce and then cross-fade any tail to the start of the clip?

Inqy

Post by Inqy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 am

+1