All times are UTC

Post subject: Key Change in Live 8?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 am 

Hello. I'm new to Live, and want to know if I can change the key of a song in Ableton Live? I DJ with a rock band, and I occasionally need to play parts of a record (using Serato) but the band usually plays a half step down to accommodate our singer's range. Any way to do this? If so, please provide instructions, and assume you're talking to a noob :)

Post subject: Re: Key Change in Live 8?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:12 am 

Hello,
It's all in the manual, actually - you should check it out, it's a great read. :P
Transposing an audio clip is easy, just turn the transpose knob in the clip view down by one step.
Transposing a MIDI clip is also very easy, just drag all the notes in the clip down by one step.
Transposing a MIDI track is even easier, just drag the Transpose device on it and turn the knob down by one step.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Key Change in Live 8?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:14 am 

MPGK wrote:
Hello,
It's all in the manual, actually - you should check it out, it's a great read. :P
Transposing an audio clip is easy, just turn the transpose knob in the clip view down by one step.
Transposing a MIDI clip is also very easy, just drag all the notes in the clip down by one step.
Transposing a MIDI track is even easier, just drag the Transpose device on it and turn the knob down by one step.

Cheers.

I should spend the weekend reading it! When all else fails, read the manual! Thanks mate.