All times are UTC

Post subject: Editing Audio in Session View
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:13 pm 

Please let me be able to edit audio destructively in the session view. I understand there is clip view but this is far too limiting. I use ableton to produce music and record live instruments. If I were able to edit in this view as opposed to dragging to arrangement view, it would help immensely. I would even accept a 3rd party solution as i have adobe audition as well. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Post subject: Re: Editing Audio in Session View
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 pm 

This would be awesome! For example if the clips duration never changed but you could cut out breaths or bits of audio...shift things around, add time, then it would automatically change the clip as such would be amazing. It could be a separate edit mode with it's own set of editing tools. All destructive but undo-able and no need to reconsolidate after. All within the same window you do your warping in.

...to add to this... how about clicking on the wave form actually starts playback from that point and also smart plays the rest of the clips in that scene from that section. So for edits that you want to listen to again and again you can just click in front of the edit, replay, edit, and repeat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:11 pm 

n8tron wrote:
...to add to this... how about clicking on the wave form actually starts playback from that point and also smart plays the rest of the clips in that scene from that section. So for edits that you want to listen to again and again you can just click in front of the edit, replay, edit, and repeat.

I completely agree. It is so annoying to audition a part of the clip and the rest of the song is off time. I would imagine this wouldn't be a difficult feature to be added as the editing capabilities are already in Live. Please make this happen ableton!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 am 

+1

AMD Phenom II X6, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
http://tomluft.at

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:45 pm 

+ 1000000000000000 !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:58 pm 

jkung wrote:
I would even accept a 3rd party solution as i have adobe audition as well. PLEASE

hit ctrl+, to fget the preferences up, go to files and folders, setup audition as your sample editor.

select your clip, hit edit.
voila, third party editor.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:39 pm 

friend_kami wrote:
jkung wrote:
I would even accept a 3rd party solution as i have adobe audition as well. PLEASE

hit ctrl+, to fget the preferences up, go to files and folders, setup audition as your sample editor.

select your clip, hit edit.
voila, third party editor.

Does this automatically update the clip in Live? Can I set Audio Finder as my sample editor? This would still be a temp workaround for me because i would much rather be able to make edits while Live is playing so i can hear the edits in real time you know what i mean?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:44 pm 

jkung wrote:
n8tron wrote:

I completely agree. It is so annoying to audition a part of the clip and the rest of the song is off time. I would imagine this wouldn't be a difficult feature to be added as the editing capabilities are already in Live. Please make this happen ableton!

yes!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:24 pm 

+1 for editing in the clip view. There's actually some extensive ideas about this in another thread but don't care to look atm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm 

Old thread, I know, but why can't Ableton include a decent editor in what is otherwise an awesome DAW? There's quite a few of us out there that want to use this program for recording actual instruments in real time. A blown up view of the wave file, and the ability to splice anywhere on the track without snapping to a grid line dictated by beats or seconds, that would be PLENTY.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:11 am 

I think developers aren't interested in using their time to implement destructive editing feature...