'unlock' macro mapped parameters to allow adjustment

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
scientist

'unlock' macro mapped parameters to allow adjustment

Post by scientist » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:21 am

presently, any parameter mapped to a macro in a rack is locked to and controlled absolutely by that macro knob's settings.

it would be great if each parameter's individual setting was still adjustable, and in turn macro adjustments would affect the controlled parameter relative to its own setting.

e.g. a 'transpose' macro would still increment all assigned slices by the same value, but each slice's transpose value could be set/adjusted individually, and the macro would increment relative to each slice's setting. like this:
macro slice1 slice2
0 +1 -3
+3 +4 0
-2 -1 -5
+4 +5 +2

probably a pipe dream, but this would help my workflow in a big way.

ratafia50

Re: 'unlock' macro mapped parameters to allow adjustment

Post by ratafia50 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:36 pm

You are wright.. it's absolutely necessary for me in a lot of situations.
One can make a sound, assign a lot of parameters to a macro, and still want to keep control on one or several parameters. With Ableton, I cannot use Macros, because I know I loose the parameters i assign. A lot of software allow that : Bitwig (very nice approach for Macros!), a lot of Native instruments, Nord Modulars, Nord Stages...

I think it would be nice to create another type of Macros, able to be mapped to every parameters in the set, in a relative way, with memories (recall of several positions of the Macro - imagine you just assign a Macro to the entire pitch range os an oscillator, you certainly want to recall 16', 8', 4', with just one buton). It's also important to be able to assign one parameter to several macros. And, to have a menu that lists all the parameters involved in one macro (not the map mode... there are too many informations and it's hard to find the selected macro).

Thank you