groove guide tracks

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
cybchris

groove guide tracks

Post by cybchris » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:33 pm

I want to be able to use Live to overdub live performances, and to preserve the timing of those live performances. Therefore, I would love to have a way of telling Live that a specific track is a "guide" track. This means, instead of using the warp markers to change its timing, the guide track's warp markers are used to dictate the timing for all the other tracks. The guide track is not sped up or slowed down; if I move one its warp markers earlier or later, then all of the other tracks speed up or slow down to conform their timing to the imperfections, groove, tempo changes, etc. of the guide track. It would be my #1 feature request for this otherwise brilliant program.

take care -
Chris

nolus

Post by nolus » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:41 am

I was going to post the same idea. (In fact I did and then edited it to point to this post).
I think it would be even better if you could set the "groove strength" of each track, much as the global groove is set in the current version. It should even be possible to morph between one groove and another using an A-B slider or something like it.
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

3dGus

Post by 3dGus » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:50 pm

yeah, this would be all I want in a next update as well. I was trying
to formulate this, but you hit it on the nose. Being able to take a
great loop as a timing reference for other tracks would be very
cool.