Snapshot function + morph between snapshots

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
SimonPHC

Snapshot function + morph between snapshots

Post by SimonPHC » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:21 am

Hi everyone

I am a avid user of Live 4.

I had this idea for a new function.

when I'm trying new stuff out with loops and midi clips I keep tweaking levels, effect sends and the rest of it. Sometimes when I find something good, I wish I could store this certain setting, including effect send levels, level settings, vst parameters, etc. so when I tweak further I can go back to the last 'good' setting. Even more so, I wish I could morph over a given time between two 'good' settings, live and in production use.

This reminded me of a function in Reaktor where presets are called snapshots, and they include almost every parameter in the current window.

So my request would be a 'snapshot' function where you can store all settings in the current live set and then you can tween (flash slang) between two 'snapshots', either live or in production (arange view).

capture scene is good but lacks some general settings like overal level controls and effect sends.

I mostly use Live for making remixes of other peoples material, so I get pro tools tracks, wich I load and then look for good usable loops in those tracks. Then I start adding effects and start playing around with these clips. It would be great if every time I find a good usable setting of the overal session, I could store this in a snapshot holder and use these later to arrange my remix.

cheers

simon

Orbit-50

Ah yes, "Snapshot"

Post by Orbit-50 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:12 pm

I myself was looking for this feature also. Good call!

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:08 am

Yeah I thought there would be more people who come in the situation of finding a good overall setting, but having to move on because a song is not a loop ... It's made out of parts, wich I find by playing about with Live, so the ability to morph between "parts" would be absolutely marvelous.