5 things

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Komponist-Kalle

Re: 5 things

Post by Komponist-Kalle » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:25 pm

NSU_Spray wrote:
Komponist-Kalle wrote:A few more :)
7) Keyboard shortcut to activate the browser section, as to make it respond to keyboard commands for file navigation.
Alt + Arrow keys
Alt + Arrow keys to select the browser area (Option-LeftArrow) doesn't seem to work in Arrangement View.

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 pm

For 5) I use the Follow - Stop - Play mouseclick triplet.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:21 pm

for No 10, having "illegal" characters in a file name will not fly with your OS. just because a character is available to use in a word processor does not mean it can be used in a naming convention... remember, your sound files also get rendered by Live as an analysis file and into your set directory without changing or destroying the source material.

i'm fairly certain that you simply need to remove the character and replace it with something a little more... universal... that can be used as a naming convention.

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 am

5) Home key in windows takes you to the start or the point you set as the start. Then spacebar to begin playback from there. :D

End key should take you to the end of the song, but it seems to go past there.

I'm talking about arrangement view. BTW, I would like more improvements tot he arrangement view. Also increase screen real estate by moving buttons so the the work area goes to the edges.

Other shortcuts: Arrows navigate around arrangement view. Ctrl arrow to go to next clip on the track. Ctrl spacebar to start playback from cursor. Shift spacebar to resume playback from the current point.

mrdelurk

Post by mrdelurk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Martin Gifford wrote:5) Home key in windows takes you to the start or the point you set as the start.
It does jump to bar 1 for a few seconds after booting Live (8), until I press Play the first time. After that, nope.

NSU_Spray

Post by NSU_Spray » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Komponist-Kalle wrote:
NSU_Spray wrote:
Komponist-Kalle wrote:A few more :)
7) Keyboard shortcut to activate the browser section, as to make it respond to keyboard commands for file navigation.
Alt + Arrow keys
Alt + Arrow keys to select the browser area (Option-LeftArrow) doesn't seem to work in Arrangement View.
Moreover since Live 9.0 Alt + Arrow keys doesn’t work even in Session View. But there is a nice addition (Windows only), which brings back this feature, including working in Session View:

GoodKeys for Ableton Live

It’s smart hack in one exe-file and MIDI remote script. Installing and using very easy.