Editing multiple MIDI Clips data in one Clip window.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
LithiuMind

Re: Editing multiple MIDI Clips data in one Clip window.

Post by LithiuMind » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:29 pm

I will throw in my vote for this as well. Just tried out this functionality in Bitwig, and oh MAN does it make writing progressions and melodies easier. Like holy crap it's a big change...

Ableton 10? Plz?

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Live 10 needs to have this. Even with this as the only addition, I will gladly pay the upgrade price. The mock-up on the previous page is really good, and the users' registration dates indicate that these requests are coming from long-time paying customers.

Meanwhile, I'll just come up with progressions, set up 10-15 different sounds to follow it, decide to change a chord or two, and spend the next half hour entering individual clips and keeping track of which ones need changing. The same would take a fraction of the time with layered MIDI editing. Bitwig is cool, but it lacks a few features I need - Live 10 with layered MIDI editing would therefore be perfect.

Also, linked/ghost clips would be really helpful.

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:
Also, linked/ghost clips would be really helpful.
seconded - in fact i submitted a FR just for linked/ghost ( or “alias” ) clips myself

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:59 pm

yes yes yes yes yes

steal everything useful from BITWIG Ableton team. Just as they stole from you !

:)

bootykowski

Post by bootykowski » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 pm

Midi Ghost Clips in Ableton (Max4Live required):

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... lias-clips

Mark One

Post by Mark One » Sun May 29, 2016 6:33 pm

SOLVED :D

This deserves a round of applause, Chaos Culture have just released an M4L device with Isotonik Studios. It is a full solution to multiple MIDI clip editing and beautifully executed. Yet another example of how Max for Live combined with Ableton Live makes anything possible... here's a quick walkthrough I made but there's more on the Isotonik website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2_yuk2yWbw

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon May 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Mark One wrote:SOLVED :D

This deserves a round of applause, Chaos Culture have just released an M4L device with Isotonik Studios. It is a full solution to multiple MIDI clip editing and beautifully executed. Yet another example of how Max for Live combined with Ableton Live makes anything possible... here's a quick walkthrough I made but there's more on the Isotonik website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2_yuk2yWbw
Thank you!!

Cheers
D

Toryn

Post by Toryn » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Yet another thread requesting this feature, this one started back in 2010...

My hat's off to Isotonik for coming up with a M4L solution, but this needs to be made native ASAP. This is such a long-overdue feature, which every other DAW has had for years, that it's just baffling that no one at Ableton is listening to the multiple threads here of users requesting this.

Ableton, an update on when to expect this, please, and pronto.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Released the first update of the MultiClip Editor from Chaos Culture...

Improvements include:

- Renamed settings tab "Fold" to "Scale".
- Reorganized a few parameters in the settings.
- Notes will be displayed as being flat instead of sharp depending on the selected key of the scale.
- The active scale can now be displayed in the piano roll even without using the fold mode.
- Specific intervals of the scale can now be highlighed.
- Session view clips are now always placed at the beginning of the arrangement inside Multiclip.
- A refresh button has been added at the bottom of the cliplist which will reload the notes for all clips.
- Additionally the refresh will be triggered automatically as soon as an overdub record is being stoped. This behaviour can be deactivated or set to refresh whenever the transport stops.
- The interface can now be zoomed to show more content without having to resize the window.
- All vector graphics have been replaced by another method of rendering, which uses less cpu.
- Presets (color schemes) have been improved.
- Displaying notes and velocities have been improved.

http://isotonikstudios.com/chaos-cultur ... ip-editor/

Cheers
D