When is Live 9 coming?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
petit nuage

Re: When is Live 9 coming?

Post by petit nuage » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:08 am

hi !

maybe im dreaming but a 8.5 version with some features (i hope the bounce in place a la logic /destructive editing)will be nice gift and could give us the patience to wait until live 9 's release :wink: in order to have a great and ready to go/stable live 9 's version to avoid the issues of live 8 ...a bit like with N.I's reaktor ..

tschuss !

sach160

Post by sach160 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

In answer to the post question, my guess would be somewhere between the second coming and the next guns and roses album.

buurjongenshon

Post by buurjongenshon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Would like to see a better/classical way of using the arrangement view also. sometimes I want to go there since I am used to is of past sequencers, but it feels like missing to much to get it done there...

mbird21

Post by mbird21 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:37 pm

pheilus wrote:ableton 9 is not out yet because robert and gerhard are still trying to figure out whats trendy enough to put into to ableton to make it more slow.
they are still tryin to figure out what other shit to copy into live 9. they are trying to figure out how to integrate facebook and twitter into ableton so you can facebook while doing live stuff.

you know research and development takes a long time when gathering data on how to copy features. you bullshit stuff to be added that is flatout useless to use

What a load of bollocks...
Alex!

dinaiz

Post by dinaiz » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:46 pm

buurjongenshon wrote:Would like to see a better/classical way of using the arrangement view also. sometimes I want to go there since I am used to is of past sequencers, but it feels like missing to much to get it done there...
In the arrangement view ? Like what ? What I miss the most s definitely a decent set of MIDI editing features ...

Abcg

Post by Abcg » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:23 pm

dinaiz wrote:
buurjongenshon wrote:Would like to see a better/classical way of using the arrangement view also. sometimes I want to go there since I am used to is of past sequencers, but it feels like missing to much to get it done there...
In the arrangement view ? Like what ? What I miss the most s definitely a decent set of MIDI editing features ...
+1
Add a Line cut Tool and a multiple midi track editing window with layers (like Cubase) and I would be verry Happy!

buurjongenshon

Post by buurjongenshon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 pm

In the arrangement view ? Like what ? What I miss the most s definitely a decent set of MIDI editing features ...[/quote]

+1
Add a Line cut Tool and a multiple midi track editing window with layers (like Cubase) and I would be verry Happy![/quote]

I also would like to see my mixer in a way... maybe a third window next to the arrangement and clip view.. one that changes the clip part (in the clip view) to the arrangement view.. mixer under and arrangement above. i feel like switching all the time between the mixer and the arrangement

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:19 pm

We asked for V9 but got 9V.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

buurjongenshon

Post by buurjongenshon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Original post, nov 2010, wouldn't it be time. Even Reason comes up now and all other daws already had. What is taking so long, what is Ableton doing all these time.... Ableton is great, but once in a time it is nice to have new things in your hand that makes you get creative in a other/new way. And it is disappointing to see that others do and we still wait........ of another bug fix.. 8.2.7.3.1.2.......

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:04 am

Live is already good as clip triggering tool. No need to add buggy code for it. I need just stability and refinement for it.

golemus

Post by golemus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:54 pm

buurjongenshon wrote:Original post, nov 2010, wouldn't it be time. Even Reason comes up now and all other daws already had. What is taking so long, what is Ableton doing all these time.... Ableton is great, but once in a time it is nice to have new things in your hand that makes you get creative in a other/new way. And it is disappointing to see that others do and we still wait........ of another bug fix.. 8.2.7.3.1.2.......
My guess is that they are rewriting the whole program from scratch. Which might be the reason why it takes so long.

T23LC

Post by T23LC » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 pm

I have serious doubts that it'll be a complete rewrite. I'm a programmer in my regular job and rewriting an entire project, especially one on the scale live must be, would be a huge and prohibitively expensive undertaking. If that is actually what they're doing then I wouldn't raise much hope for another major revision this year, and hardly would for most of next year.

majicmonk

Post by majicmonk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I don't care how long it takes as long as it has clip based controller movement recording, and user controlled morphing of global/track snapshots.

kent_sandvik

Post by kent_sandvik » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 pm

T23LC wrote:I have serious doubts that it'll be a complete rewrite. I'm a programmer in my regular job and rewriting an entire project, especially one on the scale live must be, would be a huge and prohibitively expensive undertaking. If that is actually what they're doing then I wouldn't raise much hope for another major revision this year, and hardly would for most of next year.
It's one of the best ways to kill a company, too, total rewrites I mean.

golemus

Post by golemus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 pm

T23LC wrote:I have serious doubts that it'll be a complete rewrite. I'm a programmer in my regular job and rewriting an entire project, especially one on the scale live must be, would be a huge and prohibitively expensive undertaking. If that is actually what they're doing then I wouldn't raise much hope for another major revision this year, and hardly would for most of next year.
Well maybe not a complete rewrite but at least the core architecture rewritten. I don't think that they have much of a choice, as large amount of people are complaining about being unable to finish tunes started to compose in Live because of Live performance problems. If the next version still has the same problems I think that a lot of people will not update but invest in another DAW. I mean those users that used Live for composing, not live performing with ready audio loops.