The ability to make midi clips louder

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Badger123

The ability to make midi clips louder

Post by Badger123 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm

It's limiting not to be able to turn up midi clips with the same flexibility as audio clips. I'd like it if there was a fader for the clip just as if it was an audio clip.

outershpongolia

Re: The ability to make midi clips louder

Post by outershpongolia » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Badger123 wrote:It's limiting not to be able to turn up midi clips with the same flexibility as audio clips. I'd like it if there was a fader for the clip just as if it was an audio clip.
Turn up the track fader, velocity of the MIDI notes OR the gain on the instrument the MIDI is running through..

You've got a few options there along with putting a velocity plug on the MIDI track and boosting that up

Badger123

Post by Badger123 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:45 pm

It would be handy if it could be done on a per-clip basis. That's the feature request. Something that mirrors the per-clip volume boost on audio clips. Automation is the only way round but it takes longer.

NF

Post by NF » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

you can do it over a "per-clip" basis!

just enable velocity (vel) parameter of the volume in one of lives instruments and you have loudness over midi velocity.
btw you can edit nearly every parameter of an instrument/synth over midi. just edit the right "vel"-value and you have it!
:wink:
The cool thing about techno still, comparing it to most jazz is the improvisation coupled with raw energy.

samg@seven4sky.com

Post by samg@seven4sky.com » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 am

when using 3rd party plugins, which might not have ignore velocity settings, you can take the draw tool, and draw the volumes on the midi clip up,
if you select all the notes, then you can just draw on one of the note stems, and fix them all at once.

Badger123

Post by Badger123 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 am

Sounds like I'm being fussy I guess. Editing the velocity is liable to change the tone of instruments. This is why I'm after a volume fader on each clip that works independently of midi. Thanks for all your suggestions!