Tab Pages Like Excel

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
WFWS

Tab Pages Like Excel

Post by WFWS » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Excel, the spreadsheet that's in many ways like the Session view, has tabbed pages at the bottom of the screen. So you can have one spreadsheet on a tab and showing on the screen, and other available just by clicking on the corresponding tab. they take very little screen space, and give very quick access to stuff that you need available, but not necessarily on screen.
Imagine, for example, that your set is divided into tabs, one per song. You can have your entire set on tabs, and just click to the next tab when you are ready. No endless scrolling to find what you want.
Similarly, you can put all your dummy clips and non-music gadetry on a separate tab, and link them all without taking screen space, or needing to scroll to them.
Since we only really need to see a portion of the tracks we create at any time, TABS are a great way to reduce visual clutter.
Maybe some macros or 'follow actions' would be good too, so we can automate moving from one tab to another. So when we click a footswitch for effects, we automatically switch to show the tab with all our effects, with the current effect and macros displayed. Simple, sweet, reduces VISUAL CLUTTER!
Live 8 Suite, i7 2600K 8gb, 500gb 7200 HD, Firepod, Keystation 88, TrapKat, FCB1010
"Deliberate practice creates expertise"

Angstrom

Re: Tab Pages Like Excel

Post by Angstrom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

yes, I would love tabbed screens

To be able to load different Sessions into different tabs,
To be able to load different arrangements into different tabs even!

and to copy between them, it would be excellent

(see what I did there?)

sach160

Re: Tab Pages Like Excel

Post by sach160 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:41 pm

+1 +1

This would be my number 1 feature request. Damn it, this is my number 1 feature request.

Tabs for sets, or even better tabs for instrument type in arrangement view - i.e. rather than having to scroll up and down large sets, have one tab for drums, one for guitars, one for keys etc.