New automation feature wishlist

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
fhyio

New automation feature wishlist

Post by fhyio » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:32 pm

The ability to be able to select content in more than one automation lane on the same track and be able to copy it to another part of the track. Also the ability to be able to save automation lanes and reload them onto other tracks etc. This would be a fantastic timesaver

Digable Dialogue

Re: New automation feature wishlist

Post by Digable Dialogue » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:01 pm

I'd love the ability to highlight whole tracks of automation info on EVERY track at once and then drag them up or down. For example, bring up "volume automation" (or any other automation parameters) on all the project tracks and then boost them up or turn them down. Possibly in the "+" drop down automation field that you can reveal under the audio track. That way you can compensate for the Master being turned up or down.

Also, the dB values should be listed when you highlight multiple written automation points and make adjustments. It only shows you the numeric value when you click and drag ONE point at a time.
Human Agency - humanagency.bandcamp.com

lysdexic

Post by lysdexic » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:57 am

vector based automation curves plz! in clip envelopes as well as automation in the arrangement view..

even a similar system as fades.. would be perfect.

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 am

automation Waveform shape tool that snaps to grid and a transform tool like in presonus Studio one, i have ben waiting for such obvious introduction to live for some time and can but hope to see something in Live 9.

champamoore

Post by champamoore » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 pm

lysdexic wrote:vector based automation curves plz! in clip envelopes as well as automation in the arrangement view..

even a similar system as fades.. would be perfect.
+909
if you can't share it, it's not yours.
"i don't know if i'm cool or not, but i'm for real." john lee hooker

live 8 suite
XP32 pro/core2duo T6500/4GB/
ni maschine mk1(1.8.2)/edirol pcr-1

Wendals

Post by Wendals » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah i cannot believe that there is only straight lines in the automation curves! Absolutely insane!
Please please please add curves to automation.

Digable Dialogue

Post by Digable Dialogue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 am

yeah I get why it's linear and grid based (that way you can break certain automation down to tempo/beat values) but add a preference or a drop down bow to change that ish if desired.
Human Agency - humanagency.bandcamp.com