Support for multiple monitor use

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
darthbrooklyn

Support for multiple monitor use

Post by darthbrooklyn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Would be great to have arrangement view on one window, while having the clip/mixer view open on the other monitor.. Please add this to the next version.. PLEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!! :D

Koshdukai

Re: Support for multiple monitor use

Post by Koshdukai » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:12 pm

I wouldn't mind having this feature, now that's so common to work with 2+ monitors, although I must say I usually use the other monitor(s) to access the VST GUIs, so the current solution isn't exactly crippling anything in my case.
Feature request: External plugins (AU/VST) enabled while in ReWire-slave mode / VST/AU Hosting in Rewire Slave Mode !

Using: Propellerhead, Ableton, KarmaFX, GForce, Korg, Arturia, Celemony, NI, M-Audio, Novation, Line-6 and some freeware...

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 am

+100

YES YES

Lets move to multiple screens please

lewis g edwards

Post by lewis g edwards » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:59 am

agree. i use 2 monitors at home all the time with logic, pro tools, max and ableton. the only one that does not benefit from 2 is ableton, shame. so would be nice that something could be done.

put in my vote
lewis lepton
------
http://www.smokingbunny.net

sach160

Post by sach160 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:46 pm

For what it's worth I disagree. I like the way you can auto-hide plugins and have them appear when you only click on the track (which makes working on 1 monitor easy for me with Ableton, whereas for when I used Sonar it wasn't and 2 screens were useful). These days I don't think you need a separate mixer window, so although it might be kinda cool having one screen for arrangement and one for session, I think there are some more important features that should be implemented first (64 bit, better automation, tabbed screens etc).

jonah

Post by jonah » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:47 am

I'd love it if you could detach elements to use on a second monitor, but it probably goes against the design philosophy of Live. More than separate windows for session and arrange I'd like to detach the browser(and make it more customizable) and the details view.