What new devices would you like most?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

New Synth - Granular, Additive, Modular etc
22%
Performance Effects Device (ala Stutter Edit etc)
12%
More/better mastering devices
6%
Rompler stuff - Real world instruments
1%
Missing devices - Exciter, de-esser, noise redu, etc
18%
Convolution Reverb
16%
Step Sequencer Instrument (ala Guru, Subboombass)
9%
Something new .. surprise me.
11%
Other, (please expand)
5%

Total votes: 378

condra

Post by condra » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 pm

You can select up to 3 answers.

condra

Re: What new devices would you like most?

Post by condra » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Convolution Reverb out in front!

mavamel

Post by mavamel » Sun May 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Hello, I would love to have a more advanced frequency/ringshifter with envelopes + sidechain and on top fixed/user programmable harmonic relations for instant fun:D
I love the frequency shifter, but it needs more Smack

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon May 02, 2011 12:36 am

I would like the existing devices to be more modular.

Imagine routing envelopes and LFOs from one Device to another. Run out of LFOs in Operator? just patch in a new one from another instrument.
Run audio from one device to several others and back again. A 9 voice Operator, Analogue with any waveform.

Control the routing from aftertouch, LFO, Envelopes, pitch, etc. Control the filter delay speed by the Sampler modulation dept. Route Operator as the carrier and Sampler as the modulator for the Frequency shifter. Imagine Live as one huge modular.

and no, I do not want to do this in Max

majicmonk

Post by majicmonk » Mon May 02, 2011 12:58 am

There are only 2 things that I absolutely want from live:

1. Ability to record envelope automation to session view clips from a controller, so that I can compose completely in session view. And then when overdubbing in arrangent view, any new controller motions simply overwrite the recorded envelope on arrangement view only.

2. Ability to take snapshots of both global and track parameters, and then morph between current and stored, so that I can:

A: have snapshots of various settings for the different sections of my song (intro, verse, chorus, break)

B: Be able to control the transition from one to another during performance/recording to arrangement view without sudden obvious changes.

C: Dramatically reduce envelope editing times in arrangement view, as this will be mostly complete following recording.

D: Allow for great control of individual tracks/instruments articulations in realtime, thus turning Live into a true instrument.

Things that would be nice are:

frequency analyser that could display all tracks at once with overlayed eq.
64 bit

Thanks

Mik.

dancing Ray

Post by dancing Ray » Mon May 02, 2011 7:39 am

Angstrom wrote:I would like the existing devices to be more modular.

Imagine routing envelopes and LFOs from one Device to another. Run out of LFOs in Operator? just patch in a new one from another instrument.
Run audio from one device to several others and back again. A 9 voice Operator, Analogue with any waveform.

Control the routing from aftertouch, LFO, Envelopes, pitch, etc. Control the filter delay speed by the Sampler modulation dept. Route Operator as the carrier and Sampler as the modulator for the Frequency shifter. Imagine Live as one huge modular.

Now that´s a good one!
Spiralgroove wrote:a little quantization never hurt nobody

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 am

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

that is a fantastic idea. that's what i love about Propellerheads' Reason.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 pm

this first and foremost, closely followed by a convolution reverb and better mastering/dynamics stuff.
one thing i'd really like to have is a spectrum analyser with several inputs so you can check multiple tracks for frequency masking etc easily, each track with it's own color shown in spectrum for quick visual feedback. ofcourse, using your ears still applies, but on occasion you run into problems your ears have troubles with hehe.

condra

Post by condra » Mon May 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Convolution Reverb still out in front, but all of the answers are fairly well dispersed. Looks like we all want different things from Live, but we knew that already. :D

What is obvious though, is that we don't need any more rompler/content stuff.

sach160

Post by sach160 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Other - better quality versions of what's already there. To my ears, the quality of live's bread and butter effects are ok but nowhere near as good as third party stuff like waves. To my ears, this isn't true of other DAWs - Sonar, Pro Tools and Logic all have really good quality basic effects (eq, reverb etc.)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Convo reverb is my first pick, mainly because convolution devices can be used for more than just reverb too. Personally, I'd like to see them combine all the different delays into on plug in, sort of like they did with Compressor. Ditto the distortions.

Elevated01

Post by Elevated01 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Tarekith wrote:Convo reverb is my first pick, mainly because convolution devices can be used for more than just reverb too. Personally, I'd like to see them combine all the different delays into on plug in, sort of like they did with Compressor. Ditto the distortions.
^^ Well done, AGREE!

drchoc

Post by drchoc » Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Elevated01 wrote:
Tarekith wrote:Convo reverb is my first pick, mainly because convolution devices can be used for more than just reverb too. Personally, I'd like to see them combine all the different delays into on plug in, sort of like they did with Compressor. Ditto the distortions.
^^ Well done, AGREE!
8)

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Wow lots of responses. Interesting that Convolution Reverb is still in front. I guess I'm not the only one who likes to use Lives native devices more than third party plug-ins.

:D

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm

I use Lives devices 95% of the time in my music.