GROUP TRACKS

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
wire(ed)

GROUP TRACKS

Post by wire(ed) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:51 pm

my main wish is to have group channel tracks... so that you can bus tracks around.. and have controll over many tracks with just one fader, this can already be achived by just using the aux sends and then adjusting your aoutput to "sends only" but this is too cumbersome and limiting...

intigrating a fourth kind of track specifically for routing capabilities, would make my millenium...

oh and if you could get support for .rx2 files this would be a bonus too.. (althought i've found a vst i that does it already it would just be more convienient to not use a vsti in thsis capacity)

subSonik

Post by subSonik » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:15 pm

which VST can handle Rex files?

Pat

BENBLEASE

Post by BENBLEASE » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:31 pm

This does bug me, especially after being a cubase user for ages. My main gripe is that when you solo the group you have made, you get silence! just like pro tools! all they have to do is code in a bit that aslo solos the tracks that are routed to it surely.
please ableton!

tylast

Post by tylast » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:16 pm

BENBLEASE wrote:all they have to do is code in a bit that aslo solos the tracks that are routed to it surely. please ableton!
Yes! I agree.

16 BIT

Post by 16 BIT » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:47 am

BENBLEASE wrote:This does bug me, especially after being a cubase user for ages. My main gripe is that when you solo the group you have made, you get silence! just like pro tools! all they have to do is code in a bit that aslo solos the tracks that are routed to it surely.
please ableton!
In Pro tools you can set any track to solo safe mode meaning those channels will always be active allowing you to hear an individual soloed instrument or sound thats routed to a group channel.

I hope one day Live will have this feature.

mikemc

yes please to grouped faders

Post by mikemc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 am

Yee-up, this would be very nice, group assignments. Now, it is the case in 4.x that you can route tracks to other audio tracks and group that way, right? But it is somewhat counterintuitive and therefore not in keeping with the general incredible Ableton "musician mind meld" when it comes to UI.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

silicon1138

group tracks

Post by silicon1138 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:27 pm

you can set up a group channel. it tells you how to in the manual. Right now i've just sent the outputs of 5 tracks down into the input of 1 new track, so ican control the level and mute for all 5 tracks - easy.

andydes

Group Track Folders

Post by andydes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Well spotted. I'd missed that one.

However I still think Ableton could improve on this by allowing you to collapse the selected tracks into your group track, like a folder. As well as saving a lot of space on the mixer, you would also be able to launch the clips as a group.

astar

Post by astar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:47 pm

BUT is there any way to solo between these group channels?

Seems when I hit solo on the track that everything is routed to I get silence because it mutes all the tracks that are routed to it. See what I mean?

They need an option so that when hitting solo it will NOT mute the tracks that are routed to the track you want to solo...

This would be a huge help because then you could set up multiple group tracks, route different tracks to them and then solo between them... right now that's not possible (unless I'm missing something????)

supster

Post by supster » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:48 pm

tylast wrote:
BENBLEASE wrote:all they have to do is code in a bit that aslo solos the tracks that are routed to it surely. please ableton!
Yes! I agree.
yes. please
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

Phibbler

Post by Phibbler » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:28 am

I also second the need for soloing the group tracks which inludes all tracks routed to it.

However i imagine it might get messy when you have audio routed to two buses and you solo one of them ... but even then , just mute the unsoloed track.
Please in ableton 5?