Make Sampler Free

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
condra

Make Sampler Free

Post by condra » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 pm

I think Sampler should be bundled with Live.
I own, and payed for Sampler, but it wouldn't bother me.

Users can make multi-sampled instruments using racks, so by denying people the use of Sampler, you are not denying them functionality, you are just giving them extra, tedious work, to reach the same result.

Make Sampler free, to allow Live to grow, to give all Live users the quickest method of creating multi-sampled instruments, to show that you have vision.

Mint Invader

Re: Make Sampler Free

Post by Mint Invader » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Everything is nice if its free. Course how often does that happen. People gotta eat.
Because Whatever.

condra

Post by condra » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I get your point, but I'm not suggesting Operator (or any of the other, numerous premium extras) be given away for free.

They could even just slash the price of Sampler enough to make it a "no brainer". But as it stands, it irks me that people have to pay extra for the ability to do the same thing, just a bit more quickly.

hatefish

Post by hatefish » Thu May 05, 2011 2:07 pm

I agree,

in my opinion all the instruments developed into the ableton team should be included in live by default.

best

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu May 05, 2011 3:42 pm

hatefish wrote:I agree,

in my opinion all the instruments developed into the ableton team should be included in live by default.

best
Yeah, why should a company put something out to make a profit when they could just give it away for free. Live itself should be free. The computer I use it on should be free too, same w/ the electricity to run all that shit. ALL FREE!!! Come on Abes, get it done!
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 pm

It makes a nice slogan. It's the sort of thing you could put on placards and chant over and over.

Make Sampler Free!!
Make Sampler Free!!
Make Sampler Free!!
etc
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Fri May 06, 2011 3:06 am

AceLuby wrote:

best
Yeah, why should a company put something out to make a profit when they could just give it away for free. Live itself should be free. The computer I use it on should be free too, same w/ the electricity to run all that shit. ALL FREE!!! Come on Abes, get it done!
you are being thick
every other daw comes with free instruments why shouldn't live?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri May 06, 2011 1:04 pm

nathannn wrote:
AceLuby wrote:

best
you are being thick
every other daw comes with free instruments why shouldn't live?
Simpler
Impulse
Drum Racks
Instrument Racks
All the effects
Effects Racks

or you can just buy the suite and then it comes w/ a dozen other instruments.

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Christ. I opened a can of worms.

My point was not that all instruments should be free. Operator is an amazing synth, worth every penny extra.

But people can already achieve most of what Sampler is capable of, using racks or drum racks, so people who don't own Sampler are just being forced to use long workarounds to achieve the same goal.

Like I said, I already own Sampler, so it makes no difference to me, but I think it would benefit everyone if Sampler came bundled.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri May 06, 2011 2:02 pm

condra wrote: But people can already achieve most of what Sampler is capable of, using racks or drum racks, so people who don't own Sampler are just being forced to use long workarounds to achieve the same goal.
Quoting for emphasis because you answered your own question. Sampler is more convenient than simpler, hence if you don't like dealing w/ the long workarounds you can either pay for sampler or get the suite. Almost like abes is trying to run a business or something.

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 06, 2011 2:14 pm

I don't expect it to happen but I stand by my opinion on this.

PS- No need to be sarcastic, asshole.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri May 06, 2011 2:16 pm

condra wrote:I don't expect it to happen but I stand by my opinion on this.

PS- No need to be sarcastic, asshole.
And I stand by my opinion that abes should pay for my electricity.

PS- this is the internet, grow a pair, dick.

BrandonJames444

Post by BrandonJames444 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:05 am

It most definitely should be free a long with all the other add on packs. Tension . Collision / Analogue. Considering there are way cheaper and in my opinion far superior VSTs on the market. (Razor beats the snot out of any synth built in to ableton and its $80) Don't get me wrong AAS did a really good job making these tools. None the less they are way over priced.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

BrandonJames444 wrote:It most definitely should be free a long with all the other add on packs. Tension . Collision / Analogue. Considering there are way cheaper and in my opinion far superior VSTs on the market. (Razor beats the snot out of any synth built in to ableton and its $80) Don't get me wrong AAS did a really good job making these tools. None the less they are way over priced.
Did you also consider that VSTs use CPU while not in use while native Live instruments are optimized not to? How about that even when in use the native instruments use less CPU then their VST equivalent? Also, the price of the suite brings the cost of those instruments down to $28 per instrument. If you just want a single instrument then yes, they are over priced, but as a collection the price is great.

Now, these arguments might not affect you if you aren't playing live, but for me, having the ability to have thousands of instruments in my set and have it work just as well as if I had a single instrument makes the price worth it right there. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for abes to give them away, but it just doesn't make sense from a business perspective when people like me see the value in them.

modecai

Post by modecai » Wed May 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Don't mean to change the topic to a different device than sampler, but I kinda wished live 8 came with at least one more instrument. One that I can completely control. I was very confused with the instrument rack library at first. I liked all the sounds, don't get me wrong, but I didn't understand why I didn't have complete control over editing it. Live 8 doesn't give you any synths to make your own sounds. Obviously, I can load a synth wave form into simpler, and work from there, but there are no synths that can generate your own sounds with. I was very surprised that live didn't even offer a downgraded, somewhat crappier version of analog or operator, going by a different name or something of the sort with live 8. Naturally, in the meantime, I've just been using free vsts/au plugins such as the kontakt players, automat, and the tal-audio plugins.