Abe 9 Poll for improved automation

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Would you like improved automation in Ableton as a Priority to the next major release?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 35

Jon-J

Abe 9 Poll for improved automation

Post by Jon-J » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:33 am

So I have read through a lot of wish lists on here to try and figure out what most users want from ableton and it would seem to me that Automation is a top of the list subject for most people.

I agree heavily here because Abe's automation really is very out of date compared to most all other DAW's and it still surprises me that they don't seem to have this on the to be fixed list any time soon?

I really would like to have automation clips like FL Studio and be able to record automation on a per clip basis within the session view. I would also like to see them implement the ability to add bezier curved automation graphs

Tweaking Knobs

Re: Abe 9 Poll for improved automation

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Who da f&%ck in the world doesnt want enhanced automation ?

are these abes that vote for no better automation ?

we need beziers, lfos, and improved midi tools...

estevan carlos benson

Post by estevan carlos benson » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:57 am

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by automation? The way it's programmed into Live? The vector points, etc? I think the way you record automation in Live is superb. The vector aspect is very weak. I would like to be able to type in precise points.
Live 9 Suite | M4L | MacBook Pro Quadcore 16gb ram | APC40
estevancarlos.com | The Handsomest Drowned Man

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:02 am

Automation Curves / Drawing tool /Transform tool like in Presonus studio one / Automation Snapping to grid option.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:00 pm

jace_(nz) wrote:Automation Curves / Drawing tool /Transform tool like in Presonus studio one / Automation Snapping to grid option.

Plus LFOs... Native LFOs

sach160

Post by sach160 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:19 am

Tweaking Knobs wrote:Who da f&%ck in the world doesnt want enhanced automation ?

are these abes that vote for no better automation ?

we need beziers, lfos, and improved midi tools...
The question says 'as a priority'. I'd like to see improved automation but there are other things that I'd much rather have, like 64 bit and a more user customisable keyboard and mouse interface, so you can add things like mouse wheel zoom.

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 pm

when you think about it, automation Curves etc must be number one Priority, these are well overdue, Picking 64bit support to the post by many years,you can not have straight angles without having curve, otherwise you are limited to the sound you will produce, okay yes you can add plenty of Nodes to make it curve, but that is just so impracticle and time consuming and not 100% acurate, i have asked for curves since live 4.
the joy and creativity can be second to none and really should be as standard in all daws from day one in this day and age, this is where i prefer Presonus studio one they have it more or less spot on,, but as i have all my time and money invested in controllers for ableton live, i need cuves in live now, to Pull ableton back into contention with my production needs. then i would say 64bit support close second, followed By velocity etc as an option for editing in the expanded view of lives clips as suppose to just inside the clip, so the expanded view can act like an inline piano roll, add in the feature of being able to move Midi Data in the expanded view as suppose to just inside the clip, and all else is a bonus.
From the production side, these are top priority, for what my oppinnion is worth, all this should be standard, once you have tested such features in other Daws, you will know where iam coming from, Editing heaven me Thinks, oh and chuck in the possibility to rename drum or even piano roll lanes as we see fit.

All things i am going to push for, In version 10 if not present in 9, how can their be anything else more important and so Logical than the above formentioned.

peterdeebee

Post by peterdeebee » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 am

I really would like to have automation clips like FL Studio and be able to record automation on a per clip basis within the session view.
Me too. I'd really love to be able to record automation in the session view! ...just like MIDI mod wheel or sustain pedal data is recorded.