step sequencer improvement

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
woozee

step sequencer improvement

Post by woozee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 am

Hello i would like to propose an improvement for the stepsequencer mode:

if i want to add a note in a clip in step sequencer mode, everytime i hold a note i have also to push the arrow key, i found these way a little annoying for the workflow. So what im asking you is why don't you change it in the future version, so that when i want to add a note in a clip in step recording mode, i just have to hold down a key note without pressing the arrow key. In that way it would be much easier to use, every time i push a note automatically it put in the clip respecting the quantizing, and when i want to insert a pause between one note and the other i use the arrow.

ray619

Re: step sequencer improvement

Post by ray619 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 pm

I was just about to post my comment below in a new thread and thought why not search first and see if anyone else has suggested this! I think it's a great idea and makes step recording way better to be able to play the controller keyboard with two hands.

----

Is there a way that for step recording it can be setup that you can just set say 16th notes and without having click the right arrow key have the steps advance automatically while playing the keyboard?

I would love if this was possible. My favorite sequencer that is capable of doing this is the Ensoniq onboard sequencers. And what this does is allow you to play the keyboard two handed and play phrases at my own speed without having to remove one hand from the controller keyboard.

This way of step recording is great for basslines etc.. where two handed keyboard playing is key to creating a phrase etc..