Be able to define anacrusis/upbeat sequence inside clips

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
markand

Re: Be able to define anacrusis/upbeat sequence inside clips

Post by markand » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Ok, it seems like we're on the same page. I'm not a DJ and not looking to perform using clips. I record using a DAW and for me the session view is a useful way to try out new ideas faster. Having to jump through the types of hoops being described really renders session view a non-productive way to work. It's a pity. Ableton has done so much to make sessions a super productive environment, but this is one roadblock that renders it completely useless. Since I seem to run into this on a regular basis, I've never gotten completely comfortable with sessions, and as a result, haven't invested in a Push 2. If you then compare Ableton to other DAW, it doesn't look nearly as good.

Ableton, please fix this one glaring flaw!
Mark

tdgme

Post by tdgme » Sun May 10, 2020 1:35 pm

Following and upvoting this thread

Biggnikh

Post by Biggnikh » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 pm

Bump. + so much, I can't even write down the number.

This is "the" missing feature for me. Been using Live for 14+ years now, the major other thing I was missing was comping, took its sweet time, but thank you Ableton you did it!

As a musician who uses many anacrusis in the composing/arranging process (from jazz, soul, classical, acid jazz & experimental) this is really holding me back from using clips, while there are many of us wanting to combine this less traditional approach of clips akin to a DJ with a method like anacrusis.

Anacrusis is a very important part if you want to integrate more fluidity and break linearity, be it percussive parts, bass, melody, vocals, its uses are countless, in all kinds of music, from antique to 20th century modern from around the world.

While I fully appreciate the rather forward thinking of Ableton regarding music building, computer production, leaving out this (and maybe a few other things, but off-topic) takes away the fun and possibilities. Almost like : well if you want traditional music writing techniques, use the arrangement view, you dusty old musos :mrgreen:

Best

Nico
"The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best"
H. Van Dyke

GentleG

Post by GentleG » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:09 am

+1