How about a LiveDJ software?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Would you be interested in a LiveDJ software?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 11

Jinsai

maybe I got the name wrong...

Post by Jinsai » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:50 pm

perhaps it is Tractor... DJing software, lets you load up mp3s etc, deals primarily with that intent in mind.
The words on the Live box say Sequencing Instrument and Real Time Music Production.
It is advertised as a dj tool as well, and it is used as one by many people.
And just because I don't use it in the DJ approach doesn't mean that I don't appreciate that approach. I'm as interested by what Live will allow me to do with my music as I am by how it aids others.
I think they do listen to everyone's requests... However, they obviously don't fulfill everyone's. There's alot of things that I want that this software doesn't do yet, and I use this software to perform live, but I'm not complaining about how they're too busy fulfilling the needs of DJs to focus on what I want.
They can't do everything at once, but I think they're listening and trying harder than any other company I can think of.

tylast

Post by tylast » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:15 pm

Perhaps you were referring to Tracktion by Mackie. Honestly, how much further could Live go into the DAW realm. It's most of the way there with the features it has right now. I expect the so see more live features in Live5. Anyway, I use Live just for DAW purposes at the moment, but I'll most definitely be using it for live use in the future.