Inteligent browser window

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
3phase

Inteligent browser window

Post by 3phase » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:51 pm

It would be helpfull, especially on stage, when the browser window would expand automatically when clicking on it, And even better if it would automatically expand the browser area as needed when you open folders...

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:25 pm

and a search feature like that in itunes would be nice for finding clips fast.
: XP Pro Sp2 : 3.2GHz : 1GB RAM : Dell 8400 :
Live:Mawzer:Lemur:X-Station 25:I wish

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:26 pm

I just wish you could use the browser in OSX or XP? Why do all of these software companies insist on their own integrated browsers? I would love to use the browser in OSX, and just drag and drop from it into Live!

jalapeno

Post by jalapeno » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:02 am

Agree with above sentiments.

My experience is that the File Browser is one of the most counter-intuitive parts I have encountered getting started with Live. As far as I can tell it lacks file management capabilities, and importantly a Preview function.

supster

Post by supster » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:36 am

jalapeno wrote:Agree with above sentiments.

My experience is that the File Browser is one of the most counter-intuitive parts I have encountered getting started with Live. As far as I can tell it lacks file management capabilities, and importantly a Preview function.

ya, it definitely needs a lot of improvement

i agree with all of the above

espeically file management: right now, you can rename files (CTRL-E) and delete files in the browser, but thats it

all of your other operations need to be done externally. this is a hassle when you are working with potentiallhy literally thousands of samples on your hardrive

really wishing they will expand on this, allow us to

- create folders, rename folders

- drag and drop samples from folder to folder

- quick rename that allows us to rename files without typing the extension over and over

the more features we can do right from within, the better imo, speeds up workflow, gets a handle on all of your sounds and lets you get back to creating ...

also giving us a hotkey that allows us to open and close the browser as someone mentioned in another thread

--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

jalapeno

Post by jalapeno » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:40 am

bumpity bump

m-laboratories.net

lacks preview?

Post by m-laboratories.net » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:13 pm

hey jalapeno - the browser doesn't lack a preview function. you can hear each clip when you click on it, if the option is enabled.

i have to admit that i think a search function could be pretty handy. there's nothing more painful than spending valuable "live improv time" browsing for the perfect sample while the audience is waiting... waiting.... waiting...

of course this is probably my problem, as my organizational structure for samples has degenerated into stuff like "noisy" and "chunky" hahah