linking of tracks for multiple track activation

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
mesheen

linking of tracks for multiple track activation

Post by mesheen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:35 am

I love using Live for playing live sets...but sometimes I need to activate more than one track at a time.

Scene activation is nice to play all tracks in that row..but it would be great to choose which tracks you want activate by linking the tracks you want to use. because some sounds may not be in the same scene and it would reduce scene usage by being able to link them.

Just a suggestion..

Kevin.

psilosly

Re: linking of tracks for multiple track activation

Post by psilosly » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:57 am

mesheen wrote:it would reduce scene usage by being able to link them.
This would really be just an asthetic thing. I find it works just fine having multiple scenes with the stop buttons turned off. Who cares how many scenes you have? I sure don't.

Jinsai

Still...

Post by Jinsai » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:19 am

I agree that its very easy and fine and well and good to use scenes with muted play buttons to trigger multiple parts....
BUT, it would be pretty great to be able to assign a key or midi signal to control more than one paramter at once...
Like a mod wheel assign or a morph group...
It would be especially nice to tweak several knobs at once with one wheel or cc signal... and along with this it would be nice to trigger multiple clips with a single key press (if that approach appeals more to you than arranging scenes)..
One of the cool things about ableton is the many different ways you can approach it. Then again, versatility of use is what makes so many different hardware units and programs great in general... I just find that Ableton offers alot of expressive ways to get into it...
So yeah.. it would be nice to have the simple functioning option to assign the same midi control to several mapped functions at once, rather than overwriting the control...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:05 pm

CTRL + click to select each clip you want to launch, then press Enter.

Jinsai

yes, but...

Post by Jinsai » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:37 pm

I know that I can Apple+click a few tracks and trigger them, but it would be something much more configurable and great if I could midi or qwerty assign that action...

supster

Post by supster » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:46 pm

I agree with this post. CTRL-click plus enter can definitely be improved opon ... alot
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

Jinsai

also..

Post by Jinsai » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:53 am

Another cool advantage to this feature would be the ability to assign a single key hit that would activate one track while it disabled another... Or muted one track while it simultaneously unmutes two or three others...
While there are ways to arrange the eventual similar outcome via Scene triggers, it's all about the approach. This would open up alot of new creative options.