LIVE 9 came out: right here right now

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
hatefish

LIVE 9 came out: right here right now

Post by hatefish » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 am

rchrdnsh

Re: LIVE 9 came out: right here right now

Post by rchrdnsh » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I wonder what Ableton thinks of the Hitler video Bitwig posted. Check out there Youtube channel if you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0phA3t9qHNw

Funny?

hatefish

Post by hatefish » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 am

rchrdnsh wrote:I wonder what Ableton thinks of the Hitler video Bitwig posted. Check out there Youtube channel if you haven't seen it.

Funny?

great video... I mean if you read the "translation" you cannot say that everything it's true. I dont understand the ableton policy. I think that the ableton users deserve -at this point- a little more information about the future of their dawn. bitwig just demonstrated that it is possible to make Live 9. They did it in 2 years and they are a small company. I dont think they have the same resources that ableton has. And this is also true for another small company like renoise. I must admit that trackers are not my favorite kind of music software but I tried renoise and after a while it is like: "why ableton didnt implement these and those in Live ???" . Furthermore let me point out that renoise is super-cheap, sounds great (IMO) and is updated on regular basis with real update like new useful functionalities.

So at this point I really would like to read a reply from some able....

candy warlos

Post by candy warlos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Before a 64 bits version of Live or whatever, it would be nice already to get a Live 8 that actually does work and doesn't crash every five minutes. At this point I feel like I was really screwed buying this version, not even 6 months after I bought Live 7… And I can't even go back to Live 7 because live sets are not retro-compatible, which is absolutely a shame (they could make a "save as earlier version" option or something at least)
The Hitler video is perfect, especially the Goebbels part :x

Nicknackerski

Post by Nicknackerski » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 pm

hatefish wrote:
rchrdnsh wrote:I wonder what Ableton thinks of the Hitler video Bitwig posted. Check out there Youtube channel if you haven't seen it.

Funny?

great video... I mean if you read the "translation" you cannot say that everything it's true. I dont understand the ableton policy. I think that the ableton users deserve -at this point- a little more information about the future of their dawn. bitwig just demonstrated that it is possible to make Live 9. They did it in 2 years and they are a small company. I dont think they have the same resources that ableton has. And this is also true for another small company like renoise. I must admit that trackers are not my favorite kind of music software but I tried renoise and after a while it is like: "why ableton didnt implement these and those in Live ???" . Furthermore let me point out that renoise is super-cheap, sounds great (IMO) and is updated on regular basis with real update like new useful functionalities.

So at this point I really would like to read a reply from some able....
I've been using this program all this week, was only £49 i had omnisphere (2 alias), cypher, rmx (3 alias), BFD2 and Trillian all working at 15% CPU!
These would cripple live if used at once.
Its desperate for midi import though.