I want proper MIDI mapping with EVERY element of ableton!!!!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Inqy

I want proper MIDI mapping with EVERY element of ableton!!!!

Post by Inqy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 am

I want to be able to map properly:
1. the arpeggiator groove type
2. the LFO shape of the Operator plugin
3. every other selection box within ableton
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Idea 1:
Insert an option in the mapping-browser to exclude several midi ranges on an macro dial!! so I would be able to exclude the grooves on the dial, wich i dont want to map!

Idea 2:
Add an controllerunit-folder in the live-devices folder, in which you introduce new "internal midi controllerunits", that can be customised by every user.
In the controllerunit-folder you would have different component for the controller:
1. A "Controller-Rack" in which will be assembling the controller
2. A Knob component
3. A Fader component
4. A Button component

With those Ableton-internal MIDI controllerunits you would finally be able to SAVE and RACK MIDi mappings inside of ableton :!: :!:

Now go go go, I want to see this feature this year in the Ableton Live9 Update :wink: :!: :!:
Regards, Malte

EDIT - Automaion and Modulation for the sampler and simpler loop markers + mapping funktionality + envelope
Last edited by Inqy on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

JuanSOLO

Re: I want proper MIDI mapping with EVERY element of ableton!!!!

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

agreed. EVERYTHING mappable, and range adjustable.

DrumRack SOLOS
Operator User Wavforms
Operator views like mapping to title bars.
MIDI TRACK input MODES AUTO IN OFF range adjustable.
Open and closing of VST's

and so on and so on.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:16 pm

can other daws do this...Live is all ive really used, just wondering...

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:32 pm

I have no idea, dont really care though, LIKE YOU, I pretty much use Ableton Live ONLY. However with the implementation of Max 4 Live and the way it's integrated with the API, some of these things seem like a no brainer. The ability to map solos on drumRacks seems like an over sight. Why are somethings range adjustable and others not? Operator is an amazing synth, why cant users have complete access via midi or M4L so we can make preset patches without having to use the freaking "hot swap." On that note why is there no program change feature for native Live instruments and racks?

We should be able to midi map program changes to Macro Dial setting as well as ANY other Live instrument or device. That is something MANY other companies offer. For example Reaktor can have "snaps" recalled via Live's clip's program changes, OR you can midi map to various VST's program changes to select presets. But you cant do that with native Ableton anything? Thats CRAZY?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

(i concur)

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:54 pm

exciting times my friend, exciting times.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:22 pm

i was pretty blown away how many third party vst params Live was able to find

but some of the things it can't map to in its native plugs, and even some main ui controls, is like, huh? why not...wondering if there is something fundamentally different abou tthe type of controls they have chosen not to make mappable, or is it just that some were considered priority, and the others backburnered...not a programmer at all, so there is no way i can ask that without sounding (rtrded)

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:38 pm

I have surrendered to the fact that the Abes have innovated, but are not really innovating at this point. Yet I dont hold that against them, they have a lot of users who would be like "HUH?!?! why would you wanna do that, just use the mouse." And I think that validates some of their decisions. In a lot of ways I just dont think they get it, and because they dont, they DO other things like M4L (and thats cool they are self aware of that). As much as I love Live, there are few things that I am always baffled by that are not possible that TOTALLY should be. Simple midi mapping things as stated in this thread.

Whats really been tripping me out lately is that Traktor's midi editing makes the APC40 a sinch to map in very complex ways, modes and layers. Yet the APC40 is made for Ableton, but to get it to do something besides default BS in Live requires 3rd party money to Bomes or M4L, and even with those you run into limitations and the workflow is ultra bogged down by the process.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:36 pm

So after looking over the new Traktor controller, they have raised the bar AGAIN making Ableton Live and any other performance software looking very primitive in the MIDI/Controller arena.

The Sample Decks in Traktor have color assignments that correspond to the controller LED's. I am assuming colors are customizable and they update the controller's LED's as well.

Seriously, Traktor is AMAZING in the realms of MIDI MAPPING. Ableton should take notes.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:12 pm

for sure.
midi mapping as well as automation I would say.
Like the ridiculous SOLO buttons...