All times are UTC

Post subject: Grouping Scenes + Voice Recognition
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:12 pm 

I use Ableton as my sequencer primarily. I use it largely because of the creativity that is possible because of the interaction between the Session and Arrangement views.

I have a couple of suggestions:

(1) The ability to "group" scenes in the same way as you can group channels. They could then be folded away for neatness just as the channels and sub-channels can currently be. I think this would be invaluable not just for production but also for live playing, and it would be great if these could be "Unfolded" by holding the "Play Scene" button on the Launchpad Novation for example.

(2) This suggestion is a bit left field but I think users would love it: it has struck me that the only time I use my QUERTY keyboard (as opposed to my MIDI keyboards) when producing, is to rename clips, channels, and scenes. This means I often don't even have my QUERTY keyboard near my production workstation. It would be absolutely fantastic if all the text editing needs could be catered for by voice recognition. Another function on the right hand click menu could be below "Rename" and could be "Rename via Voice" or something similar. I just find that typing on the QUERTY keyboard interrupts the workflow.

Quad-Core 3.4ghz i7 16GB
Akai MPK-49 + M-Audio Oxygen 25
NI Maschine
Novation Launchpad
NI Traktor S2
Tannoy 601A + Yamaha HS50-M
NI Komplete Ultimate 8 + Ableton Suite + Reason 6.5