Small but annoying bug - Copying clips from arrangement

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
mbira

Small but annoying bug - Copying clips from arrangement

Post by mbira » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 pm

I work in 12/8 a lot. When I record a clip into the arrangement view (as an audio clip) it records at 4/4. I then have to manually go in and change the time signature of the clip to 12/8. it'd be nice if the clip retained the same time signature of the piece that is playing.

chrk

Re: Small but annoying bug - Copying clips from arrangement

Post by chrk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:48 am

mbira wrote:I work in 12/8 a lot. When I record a clip into the arrangement view (as an audio clip) it records at 4/4.
Can't see this happening here.

When I record into arrangement view the clip is marked with the global signature at the cursor position I start recording. This is aware of signature changes (automation) in the scrubbing area, but only for the cursor position you start rolling.

What doesn't to work, though, is using the Punch-In-method to get a preroll playback starting before the signature boundary. The actual clip is still recorded from cursor position, only its start point is set to the position the Punch-In starts.

Btw. if you have activated the Count-in in your preferences the metronome counts the signature as it will be recorded.

mbira

Post by mbira » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:52 pm

This is a large set with several songs. I change tempo and key signature for each song by renaming the scene "Song One 120BPM 12/8".

Maybe it has something to do with that, but when I record a clip in a 12/8 song, it is recording as 4/4.

mbira

Post by mbira » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Hmm-I'm not duplicating it right now either for some reason. Perhaps I had still had the global set to 4/4 accidentally. I'll check more and see if I can reproduce this.