Shortcut for re-starting recording from previous position

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ohrobot

Shortcut for re-starting recording from previous position

Post by ohrobot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:43 am

At the moment you have to:

1. Record
--need to re-record and remove current take--
2. Hit stop
3. Delete recorded clip (Click it, Press "Delete" on keyboard)
4. Manually click to position in time line where recording initially started
5. Hit record again

This process takes place a lot when recording new patterns or tracks, midi and audio.
:idea: Having a shortcut that cover steps 2. - 5. automatically would be worth a lot to me and a big time safer.

If this shortcut already exists, or you know quicker ways to handle re-recording takes, please let me know!

bubu baba

Re: Shortcut for re-starting recording from previous position

Post by bubu baba » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:50 am

i use track markers for that, have couple of markers on my template and they are assigned to numbers (1-5)
when i want to re-record i just have to push space(stop), ctrl+z (undo), push number 1-5, push r (record) and space
pretty quick and no mouse required BUT you can do that whole sequence with just one key using app called autohotkey..
i´ve been too lazy to do it :D but it should be really easy ..

ohrobot

Re: Shortcut for re-starting recording from previous position

Post by ohrobot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:42 pm

bubu baba wrote:i use track markers for that, have couple of markers on my template and they are assigned to numbers (1-5)
when i want to re-record i just have to push space(stop), ctrl+z (undo), push number 1-5, push r (record) and space
pretty quick and no mouse required BUT you can do that whole sequence with just one key using app called autohotkey..
i´ve been too lazy to do it :D but it should be really easy ..
it's funny, what you describe is exactly the 5 step process that cries for the shortcut I mentioned. :)