audio and midi träkks as "modules"

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Paul Raaben

audio and midi träkks as "modules"

Post by Paul Raaben » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:46 am

would be nice to have the possibilitiy to save single audio and midi träkks so that u can copy different miditräkks for example with instrument and effects from one "song" to another "song". to me it is difficult sometimes to transfer one nice träkk (as an "idea") of a "song" with instrument and effects to another "song". it would also be nice to save "ideas" (whole träkks) and combine them directly with new one like "modules". sorry for my bad english, if u want i explain it to u in german... ;-) raabe

olafmol

Post by olafmol » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 pm

he said "träkks" hehehehehehehehehe :lol:

warabunga

Post by warabunga » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:38 pm

Yes, this would definately be nice!
drag and drop style in the browser window...
like you could drag your impulse module in a new song with all 8 tracks already mapped etc...
definately this would be a major benefit!
--
macbook pro | Leopard | 2.33 Ghz | 3 Gig Ram | Lemur | Monome 256 | BCF/BCR2000 | Faderfox LX2
I'm Spoiled!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:59 pm

It's an often requested feature.
It has so many benefits.
Being able to recall nice routings with instruments and effects would definetly be an awesome feature.

But the educational aspect of Live would be killer.
Try explaining compression to somebody who is new to this. If your lucky they will pick it up quick. Or people learn it from books or webtutorials.
If live would have this feature, people could just load a textbook example of how compression works.
This is one example. But i bet having a library full of your own creations and textbook example's of "pro" audio tricks would give a new dimension to making music in Live.

I got a good location for the preset list. The help tab...
Why? So you can read info about the preset you just loaded.
Although i like the drag and drop idea, because Live wont let you make custom preset folders.