Multi tab projects

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
promo1313

Multi tab projects

Post by promo1313 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm

I think that the next step for Ableton should be without a doubt multi tab project navigation.

Just like what the adobe suites did and have the user be able to have many projects open in sepetate tabs along the top of the work area. Sometimes I want to copy a drum rack or instrument pattern and setting from a previous project, and I have to open the project, copy the channels, then close it open my new project and paste.
Having the projects on tabs along the top would greatly make production more efficient.
Sounds simple enough.

Could that be possible? Having tabs with vst's opened in each project assigned to seprtate controls?

jenz

Re: Multi tab projects

Post by jenz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:35 am

+ 1!!!!! Would be so nice!!!!

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:36 am

+1

jasper

Post by jasper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

promo1313 wrote:I think that the next step for Ableton should be without a doubt multi tab project navigation.

Just like what the adobe suites did and have the user be able to have many projects open in sepetate tabs along the top of the work area. Sometimes I want to copy a drum rack or instrument pattern and setting from a previous project, and I have to open the project, copy the channels, then close it open my new project and paste.
Having the projects on tabs along the top would greatly make production more efficient.
Sounds simple enough.

Could that be possible? Having tabs with vst's opened in each project assigned to seprtate controls?

You can do that right now, you know..
Find any Live project in the browser and click the little triangle next to the file to expand it, all of that song's tracks, instruments, audio, and loops are right there for dragging in.

okgoetc

Post by okgoetc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:16 pm

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet. Can we please get this done?
It would radically transform my workflow and smoothen things a lot in general.
Live needs tabbed project management as seen in Photoshop, all modern Internet browsers, damn even Logic Pro X has it.
This should be an industry standard.

okgoetc

Post by okgoetc » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Any updates on this? We need tabbed projects. PLEASE!

xxpw

Post by xxpw » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:52 am

have you read jasper's post ? Because it's much better and lighter than tabs support ! (but you need to name your tracks right)

weswook

Post by weswook » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:14 pm

This would surely cripple the experience, no? Imagine VST guy with 10 projects open with 10 instances of Kontakt in each session. I have a great computer, but seriously have enough challenges with one session running.

jjbabydarling

Post by jjbabydarling » Mon May 18, 2020 4:08 pm

yeah the browser is adequate for moving parts between projects. i would like it if the individual clips were visible inside the tracks in the browser too. but it's fine.

however tabs would be great WITHIN a single project i reckon... for making different versions of the arrangement. like several sketches. tabbed arrangement view. i duno. not that important.. i make arrangement sketches and save them as different live sets rn.