Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live

Choose what you really would like to see in Ableto Live 9

1: 64 bit
35
18%
2: Audio Comping (why not MIDI too? =)
18
9%
3: Improved browser (more file and VST folders that allows you to organize better your effect/instruments plugins, little menu popup when right click on the devices area, so you can add plugins/Live's devices faster, but the menu is complete customizable, so you can create categories, so it shows JUST what you know you frequently use and not every single device or pluging you have, add midi mappable "FF/FW" on ALL Live's devices titles to change its presets faster)
22
11%
4: Multi-monitor support
28
14%
5: Bounce in place
15
8%
6: Templates (or option like "save to all same devices") for MIDI mapping all Ableton's devices so you pre-map the controlls just one time for let's say, Delay dry/wet, and it always remember it when you load the device you pre-mapped)
16
8%
7: Improve the quality when stretching audio (aka elastic audio). Compared, for example, to Reaper's audio stretch algorithm, Live's "complex pro" is not so good (download the free trial Reaper and test it for yourself)
20
10%
8: Shortcuts, keystrokes customizable and sent by MIDI (open browser, save as, quantize etc, all could be sent via your desired MIDI control)
19
10%
9 IMPROVE EXISTENT DEVICE/WORKFLOW (comment)
11
6%
10 OTHER: (Anything you really want for Live 9 and it's not on the options, but just ONE THING =)
13
7%
 
Total votes: 197

Angstrom
Posts: 14664
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by Angstrom » Wed May 09, 2012 1:05 pm

llllll1111116 wrote:A vst/au latency indicator for each plugin
as much as I favour more information, I'm not sure of the benefit of this number for manual use.
If the VST is reporting latency to the application incorrectly so that PDC is not working for you then seeing that incorrect number wont be of much assistance as an alternative.
Alternatively if the number is correct, but Live's PDC is working incorrectly (due to some strange confluence of events)then you will be left with a number with no real application. You plan on using the track delay for it? It wont work ... because ...

Thirdly, in the case of latency offsetting it's a compound number taking in stacked chains in racks, and compression look-aheads, and IR reverbs on sends. You would need to manually perform this sum across the application after every parametric change in order to really use the number you propose showing.

Ub373NNN
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by Ub373NNN » Wed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

i go vote for vst and/or au latency indicator for each plugin

Jbailey
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by Jbailey » Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 pm

OMF2 import with handles. Not just something I want...I need it to work.

Give Thanks!

llllll1111116
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by llllll1111116 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Angstrom wrote:
llllll1111116 wrote:A vst/au latency indicator for each plugin
as much as I favour more information, I'm not sure of the benefit of this number for manual use.
If the VST is reporting latency to the application incorrectly so that PDC is not working for you then seeing that incorrect number wont be of much assistance as an alternative.
Alternatively if the number is correct, but Live's PDC is working incorrectly (due to some strange confluence of events)then you will be left with a number with no real application. You plan on using the track delay for it? It wont work ... because ...

Thirdly, in the case of latency offsetting it's a compound number taking in stacked chains in racks, and compression look-aheads, and IR reverbs on sends. You would need to manually perform this sum across the application after every parametric change in order to really use the number you propose showing.
I was thinking more like a function in every plugin window that test the plugin and show some value, sure the number will change everytime, but we're supposed to use ableton in live so latency is our best ennemy and getting a closer information about can be usefull. I don't know if it can be possible, that's just an idea.
MacBook Pro - core i7 2,7GHz - 4Go DDR3 / OS X 10.9.4 / Motu ultralite mk3 / Ableton live 9.1.3 -> Reaper 4.72 -> Reason 5.0.1 / Komplete 8 / Amplitube 3.10 / MidiPipe 1.4.3 / MidiStroke 1.4

dokx
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by dokx » Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I want a shortcut for "Duplicate Track - {Remove Side Chain Compressor if on the track} - Freeze - Flatten - {Add Side Chain Compressor}".

And Automation Curves.

And "Snap Automation Points" to Grid.

That's all. For now.

;)

JagPaw
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by JagPaw » Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 am

So I came from the Pro Tools world and am steadily and certainly being converted to the Ableton Live way of life. I checked box the workflow box because Pro Tools does unfortunately still have Ableton beat in the regular musicians' tracking studio. In the composer/producer role, Ableton Live is AWESOME! Which is why I love it. But when I'm just playing engineer and am tracking musicians vocalists, my workflow is way off. Mainly, I need virtual tracks or "playlists" to organize separate takes on a single track to be compiled later (after the musicians leave the studio). Second, it'd be really nice if there was a way to break my bus tracks off from the bus section and place them directly adjacent to audio tracks. Also, being able to group the busses and audio and midi tracks would be useful (think full drum kit w/triggered samples).

If I am mistaken and these features do already exist... SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW! 8O

jagpaw.com
soundcloud.com/jagpaw

cjohs
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by cjohs » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:58 am

I vote for
global LFO for automation
Multi aftertouch from MIDI-instruments (it's part of the standard!!) that will give me full benefit of the keys on my Ensoniq TS-10

pepezabala
Posts: 3499
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: In Berlin, finally

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by pepezabala » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:30 am

JagPaw wrote:So I came from the Pro Tools world and am steadily and certainly being converted to the Ableton Live way of life. I checked box the workflow box because Pro Tools does unfortunately still have Ableton beat in the regular musicians' tracking studio. In the composer/producer role, Ableton Live is AWESOME! Which is why I love it. But when I'm just playing engineer and am tracking musicians vocalists, my workflow is way off. Mainly, I need virtual tracks or "playlists" to organize separate takes on a single track to be compiled later (after the musicians leave the studio). Second, it'd be really nice if there was a way to break my bus tracks off from the bus section and place them directly adjacent to audio tracks. Also, being able to group the busses and audio and midi tracks would be useful (think full drum kit w/triggered samples).

If I am mistaken and these features do already exist... SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW! 8O

jagpaw.com
I just use the group tracks function to record several takes into one group, later I delete all that sucks on those takes, then I compile it into a new track.

Cr.093
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by Cr.093 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:MIDI MAP the likes of Traktor. Like a mini Bomes built in. AND everything is mappable and value adjustable etc.
THIS!!! At least partly. What would take performances and studio workflow really to the next level would be some options to give your midi mappings additional conditions. Like in Traktor where you have modifiers and can make things happen only when modifier 1 or 2 for example are set to a specific value.
Having "only if..."-conditions for the midi commands would allow great things like Shift Buttons and super crazy mappings like for exampling triggering a third effect automatically when two other effects are triggered simultaneosly. Super dope.

+ The templates feature from the poll would be a great addition to this.

Ableton Live's huge advantage are its live performance capabilities, so we should really expand on that sector!

timday
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by timday » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm

More than one MIDI track visible in the MIDI window, maybe using different colours for different tracks. Would make harmonising parts so much easier.

It's the one thing about other DAWs I really miss when I'm writing.

square7
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by square7 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:32 am

32 bit plugin support!

JuanSOLO
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 am
Location: Shreveport LA, sometimes Dallas/Ft Worth TX

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:49 am

Cr.093 wrote:Ableton Live's huge advantage are its live performance capabilities, so we should really expand on that sector!
Two of Live's biggest disadvantages in regards to performance,
#1 parameter recall on tracks per launched clip (session view)
#2 recording automation of parameters to session view clip envelopes, wether those parameters are being bluehanded, OR midi mapped.

these 2 work together of you think about it.

Cr.093
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by Cr.093 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:53 pm

:idea:
If Ableton wouldn't like to include shift button/modifier functionality but would implement a new "midi-mappings can be saved as templates"-functionality anyway they could offer a kind of workaround by allowing to map the instant load of a specific mapping template on a midi button. Then you could for instance have three buttons, one giving the command to load mapping template A, one to load mapping template B and one to load mapping template C. So this would work more or less like a shift button !!

JuanSOLO
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 am
Location: Shreveport LA, sometimes Dallas/Ft Worth TX

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:19 pm

That sounds cool.

I would hope they would ALSO, make a python editor, like you would have in Maya or something.
Then you could work on remote scripts right within Live, do testing and trouble shooting.
We'd see a lot more inventive abilities with that kind of thing.

Post Reply