Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Choose what you really would like to see in Ableto Live 9

1: 64 bit
18%
2: Audio Comping (why not MIDI too? =)
9%
3: Improved browser (more file and VST folders that allows you to organize better your effect/instruments plugins, little menu popup when right click on the devices area, so you can add plugins/Live's devices faster, but the menu is complete customizable, so you can create categories, so it shows JUST what you know you frequently use and not every single device or pluging you have, add midi mappable "FF/FW" on ALL Live's devices titles to change its presets faster)
11%
4: Multi-monitor support
14%
5: Bounce in place
8%
6: Templates (or option like "save to all same devices") for MIDI mapping all Ableton's devices so you pre-map the controlls just one time for let's say, Delay dry/wet, and it always remember it when you load the device you pre-mapped)
8%
7: Improve the quality when stretching audio (aka elastic audio). Compared, for example, to Reaper's audio stretch algorithm, Live's "complex pro" is not so good (download the free trial Reaper and test it for yourself)
10%
8: Shortcuts, keystrokes customizable and sent by MIDI (open browser, save as, quantize etc, all could be sent via your desired MIDI control)
10%
9 IMPROVE EXISTENT DEVICE/WORKFLOW (comment)
6%
10 OTHER: (Anything you really want for Live 9 and it's not on the options, but just ONE THING =)
7%

Total votes: 197

Paladino

Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by Paladino » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 am

You have 10 options and can choose 6.

Comment about the options 9 and 10, if you choose them of course =)
Respect the limit of ONE thing on option 10, so we can focus on what we REALLY want, not just little things that are cool, but not really necessary for the moment =)

pencilrocket

Re: Vote for your main wishes for Live 9

Post by pencilrocket » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 am

Politics is going on here?

Paladino

Post by Paladino » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:34 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Politics is going on here?
Not really...

What I intended to do is to focus on some general whishes with the poll, and then, you say what is YOUR MOST desired implementation or improvement on Ableton Live 9.
In this way we coul see what is more whished by Live's users, like priorizing one personal whish instead of 10 (which may 9 not be really relevant for the person)

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I thought Reaper also use zplane's elastique pro2 as their stretch algo?
That's the exact same one as live uses for complex pro. Also afaik cubase and others.

Paladino

Post by Paladino » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Angstrom wrote:I thought Reaper also use zplane's elastique pro2 as their stretch algo?
That's the exact same one as live uses for complex pro. Also afaik cubase and others.
Yeah... I did the research and it seems that that's true... but i don't know why in reaper even drastic time changes sounds with less artifacts compared to Live's complex pro =)

jasper

Post by jasper » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Touch, Latch, Write automation
Clips should record Live's automation (not just modulation envelopes).
A Vertical window split [Clips][Arrange]

Warwolt

Post by Warwolt » Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 pm

I'd suggest to implement a little dialoge window when you try to reverse a larger clip, say a few minutes (ie a song), reminding you that this might take a little while to process and ask you to confirm the reversing. Luckily my computer haven't ever suffered a crash because of trying to reverse a too big of a file, but I'm sure it could happen. Just imagine if you're going to cut out a kick out of a song that is part of a two hour mix set, and you accidently pressed reverse. Reversing a two hour long clip is probably going to sink down most computers, not something I'd want to happen when I'm in the flow.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Not having Record Automation to Clip in that list is plasphemy! :D

Also internal LFOs are among the "all time top 3 list". (together with 64 bit)
They shold have an option to be either clasic lfo or step modulation. The LFOs could graphicly appear on the left side like Grooves. And "midi learned" to anything. Day dreaming.... :roll:

ChiefNugget

Post by ChiefNugget » Sat May 05, 2012 4:09 pm

record clip automation. #1 by a landslide. heard the technical arguments about why it's not been implemented. i don't care if it's perfect just yet. all i want to be able to do is start recording a clip and capture my full performance including filter sweeps etc
I need a baby sit my boys and work the day job plug-in.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

ChiefNugget wrote:record clip automation. #1 by a landslide. heard the technical arguments about why it's not been implemented. i don't care if it's perfect just yet. all i want to be able to do is start recording a clip and capture my full performance including filter sweeps etc
I mean, hello: it would make the live sets so much more alive.

And it would render it possible to create advanced song constructions with session view alone.
I do progressive heavy stuf, and theres no way I can play my songs in session alone without
rendering it all to audio. And from there on you cant really do much more then a Traktor DJ.
Exept Live har more tracks. Traktor has 4 + 16 sample slots.

Able_Belamy

Post by Able_Belamy » Sun May 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Why is everybody drooling over 64bit? I haven't even maxed out my 2 gigs yet?!?
Anyway, please implement shortcuts for often loaded plugins, like eq, comp etc.
That would be such a timesaver. Instead of scrolling and clicking through 1000 menus,
you would simply press 2 buttons and there's your eq for instance. :D
Noblige oblesse.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Paladino wrote:
Angstrom wrote:I thought Reaper also use zplane's elastique pro2 as their stretch algo?
Yeah... I did the research and it seems that that's true... but i don't know why in reaper even drastic time changes sounds with less artifacts compared to Live's complex pro =)
can you add an 11th option to the poll?

rear view mirror.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon May 07, 2012 12:40 am

Able_Belamy wrote:Why is everybody drooling over 64bit? I haven't even maxed out my 2 gigs yet?!?
Automation.

Brings my quad core to its knees and crashes Live on a daily basis. Audio tracks only. 3 gigs of ram.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon May 07, 2012 8:02 pm

This is a very limited and typical list, and to echo some others you unbelievably forgot recording automation to clips.
Adding to that, not just record automation, but recorded automation from bluehanded parameters.

MIDI MAP the likes of Traktor. Like a mini Bomes built in. AND everything is mappable and value adjustable etc.

Device presetting and recalling presets via program changes. DUH.

Customizable knob/button racks giving you the capability to build your own super Racks with floating windows etc. Like M4L capability on just a GUI level.

Various Customizable User Remote script examples as starting points to build step sequencers and other shit for different controllers.

At this point 64 bit should just be expected in the next release, a no brainier really.

llllll1111116

Post by llllll1111116 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:45 pm

A vst/au latency indicator for each plugin
MacBook Pro - core i7 2,7GHz - 4Go DDR3 / OS X 10.9.4 / Motu ultralite mk3 / Ableton live 9.1.3 -> Reaper 4.72 -> Reason 5.0.1 / Komplete 8 / Amplitube 3.10 / MidiPipe 1.4.3 / MidiStroke 1.4