better keyboard shortcuts

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
n8tron

better keyboard shortcuts

Post by n8tron » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Live doesn't really make that great of use with keyboard shortcuts. A few examples...

the number keys, either on the 10digit keypad or the regular keyboard... don't really do anything. These could mirror transport controls, they could be used to set loop lengths, or cycle through automation lanes...

The + and - keys zoom on the 10 digit keypad but the ones on the regular keyboard do nothing... odd

record enable as F9 is really cumbersome, this is a pretty important shortcut and should be easier to hit.

I could go on and on with ideas, but in general, better shortcuts would be great.

Shortcut Stickers

Re: better keyboard shortcuts

Post by Shortcut Stickers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:17 pm

While creating our Ableton Live shortcut sticker set we were thinking similar things. For such an amazing program, we thought there would be more shortcuts available. You can take a look at what we came up with here:

(You can click the image to view more details on our website)

Also, for the "-" and "+" keys you can hold shift for zoom in and out... But having a whole numberpad empty seems like there is major room for more shortcuts.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions we would appreciate it.

Thanks! :D

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Shortcut Stickers wrote:While creating our Ableton Live shortcut sticker set we were thinking similar things. For such an amazing program, we thought there would be more shortcuts available. You can take a look at what we came up with here:

(You can click the image to view more details on our website)

Also, for the "-" and "+" keys you can hold shift for zoom in and out... But having a whole numberpad empty seems like there is major room for more shortcuts.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions we would appreciate it.

Thanks! :D
you could sell that shortcut list bundled with a custom software that remaps key functions elsewhere.
say, custom autohotkeys script?

Shortcut Stickers

Post by Shortcut Stickers » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:18 pm

friend_kami wrote: you could sell that shortcut list bundled with a custom software that remaps key functions elsewhere.
That's a really good idea! Thank you for the suggestion! Perhaps in the future we will release this :wink:

I think ideally Ableton would create a new shortcut system though... Wishful thinking!

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Shortcut Stickers wrote:
friend_kami wrote: you could sell that shortcut list bundled with a custom software that remaps key functions elsewhere.
That's a really good idea! Thank you for the suggestion! Perhaps in the future we will release this :wink:

I think ideally Ableton would create a new shortcut system though... Wishful thinking!
heh. i should get one for free then :p
CMON DO EEEET. :D

edit: nah. i am happy with paying, mind you. so yeah, that was a joke ^^.

login

Post by login » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:16 pm

MM this has gave me a good idea on how to use my gaming keyboard special macro keys :)