Baking MIDI Effects

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
Post Reply
nimnimnim
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Baking MIDI Effects

Post by nimnimnim » Sun May 27, 2012 3:07 am

I really feel like it's a given wish-list feature to be able to bake MIDI Effect results into the notation of the MIDI Clip.

JBlongz
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:29 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by JBlongz » Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm

I don't quite understand...can you rephrase?
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

Evengy
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:31 am

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by Evengy » Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 pm

you have a midi clip and put a arpeggiator on it. then push the "bake" button and it will change the notes how the arp plays them
a visualization from the arp effect as a example. (like in fl studio :D)

+1 on that

ott_face
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 4:06 am

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by ott_face » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:18 am

I use the chord and arp effects all the time. I've gotten used recording the midi to a new clip on a second channel, which is easy enough to do. But a 'bake' button would improve on this workflow.

Evengy
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:31 am

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by Evengy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 am

ott_face wrote:I use the chord and arp effects all the time. I've gotten used recording the midi to a new clip on a second channel, which is easy enough to do. But a 'bake' button would improve on this workflow.
i didn't know that. will try it today, thx ;)

JuanSOLO
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 am
Location: Shreveport LA, sometimes Dallas/Ft Worth TX

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by JuanSOLO » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 pm

nimnimnim wrote:I really feel like it's a given wish-list feature to be able to bake MIDI Effect results into the notation of the MIDI Clip.
This is an awesome idea!

pepezabala
Posts: 3499
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: In Berlin, finally

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by pepezabala » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:55 pm

oh yes. we already "apply groove". we want an "apply" button on every midi effect.

it actually would be nice to have that on audio channels as well. so you could freeze selectively, e.g. freeze the compressor and the saturator into an audio clip, but not the auto filter etc.

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by friend_kami » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:34 pm

pepezabala wrote:oh yes. we already "apply groove". we want an "apply" button on every midi effect.

it actually would be nice to have that on audio channels as well. so you could freeze selectively, e.g. freeze the compressor and the saturator into an audio clip, but not the auto filter etc.

+1

eric_c
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Baking MIDI Effects

Post by eric_c » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:17 am

This is a great idea that I would love to see implemented.

Post Reply