Envelope Generator 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Soma

Post by Soma » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:41 pm

It would be nice if the envelope generator had a frame for assigning an envelope to many paramters across any track. For instance controlling the cutoof on tracks one and two with the same LFO. A frame like the midi maping page could be used and the envelope devices could sit in a section at the end of the master channel.

glamourboy

Post by glamourboy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:10 pm

how about some retrigger options? so it can start over on every two bars for example. perhaps midi input so it can retrigger with notes.
some fading options perhaps? so the intesity of the lfo grows gradually stronger/weaker.

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:50 am

Soma wrote:It would be nice if the envelope generator had a frame for assigning an envelope to many paramters across any track. For instance controlling the cutoof on tracks one and two with the same LFO. A frame like the midi maping page could be used and the envelope devices could sit in a section at the end of the master channel.
I always thought of a LFO device as a track device but your idea of global LFO's is interesting..

it would be nice if you could drag/drop a LFO onto a parameter as a way to assign/route..
so just drag a certain element from the LFO device (i.e. an icon that says 'route') and drop it on any target parameter you want..

Soma

Post by Soma » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Drag and drop WOULD be easy!
(of course using the same method as macros or midi assign would be more consistent)

Poster

Post by Poster » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Soma wrote:Drag and drop WOULD be easy!
(of course using the same method as macros or midi assign would be more consistent)
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
:wink:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Poster, i've loved this idea for ever. Thanks for continuing to make noise about it.

This is the kind of thing that i want the abes to sink their time and money into in....

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:43 pm

I wonder what they're sinking about :P