easy beat creation with Step Sequenzer

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Chris Ghost

easy beat creation with Step Sequenzer

Post by Chris Ghost » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 am

Hi there,

one thing I really miss in Ableton, a Step Sequenzer like in FL Studio. Creating beats in Ableton take too much time. A Step Sequenzer like in FL Studio will be so much helpful and make things fast.
You can easy set the number of steps on the upper left corner. you have the settings to cut the sample by itself directly in the Step Sequenzer, is good for the hi hats. And the most important to make it fast, you can set, fill each 2nd, 4th, or 8th steps. So the basic is done so quick and the variation can be done by just change some steps. Samples can be easy drag and drop form the libary directly into the Step Sequenzer. A tool like this would make the work so much smoother and faster.
Please think about and maybe you can integrate a tool like this.

Regards

Chris

? ????????
Hardware:
iMac Core i7 27" 3.4 GHZ with 16 GB RAM
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Novation Remote 61 SL MKII
Waldorf Blofeld
NI Maschine
NI Kore 2
Software:
NI Komplete 8 Ultimate
Arturia Analog Factory
Fabfilter Creative Bundle
Rob Papen Punch

joewes

Re: easy beat creation with Step Sequenzer

Post by joewes » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:31 pm

I second that with one extension though: Instead of samples the slots should refer to drumrack slots.

Dr_Hdt

Post by Dr_Hdt » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 pm

1+

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 pm

i do like to use FL's step sequencer because it tends to be fast, but having said that... you can make fills quite quickly in Live.

highlight your single bar or 4 bar measure (for example) and make your basic pattern. use your mouse to select all the [desired] drum hits in the measure... hit ctrl + D (PC) or cmd + D (Mac) to duplicate... keep duplicating. it's really no slower than right clicking and selecting a menu option.

or you can re-wire FL Studio :wink: