Looper - record MIDI and "Drag Me" for multiple passes

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ChiefNugget

Looper - record MIDI and "Drag Me" for multiple passes

Post by ChiefNugget » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:33 am

Would love it if Looper would record MIDI clips in addition to the audio. This would be especially helpful when I want to bang out a riff and use Looper to set the tempo. If Looper is receiving audio from any MIDI track, it should record the MIDI notes triggering that track's instrument.

Also, it would be sweet if every pass in which audio was added to the Looper buffer could be available for the "Drag Me" clip creation feature. It's pretty inconvenient to stop in the middle of a good improvisation to capture each loop. A threshold for the peak amplitude of audio added in each pass could be set so that it's not creating a ton of unnecessary copies of the audio buffer when looping in "Add" mode. If that threshold is not exceeded, no new copy of the buffer will be saved.
I need a baby sit my boys and work the day job plug-in.

dlwhite

Re: Looper - record MIDI and "Drag Me" for multiple passes

Post by dlwhite » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 am

I want the same feature. I records loops on the fly starting with drums from a midi pad kit. Its very freeing tomhave the tempo set on the fly with the first drum loop. But I'd love to have the midi notes recorded in a clip or through an alternative drag and drop so I could change the triggered drum sounds to make the loop richer and dynamic over time
https://soundcloud.com/dlwhite/sets/improvised-songs

DL