Does Ableton Even Care What People Want?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Jinsai

Re: Does Ableton Even Care What People Want?

Post by Jinsai » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:37 am

younameit wrote:ableton are obviously missing the basics. channel groups in version 8 of a sequencer? no internal midi channel routing? templates? the list is long.
these are sort of things every newcomer sequencer can do..
While there's a lot of things that Ableton could improve to have it stand side to side with other DAWs like Logic or Cubase, it's come a long way from where it started. You can't look at it as "version 8 of a sequencer," especially if you remember where it started. In the beginning, Live wasn't even trying to stand up as a fully featured DAW. It was a big deal when they even started including MIDI!

When I'm in the studio, I generally use Ableton rewired into another sequencer... but on my list of requests for when I do use it standalone, realtime bouncing is much higher on my personal priority list than multiple monitor support. They'll never please everyone, and the most important thing for me with any new version is stability. At the end of the day, I still use Live primarily to play live, and having random stutters, audio drops, and the occasional freeze which has come with early versions of updates is my biggest concern I guess.

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 am

Seeing as I got everything that I've been wishing for, I'd say yes.

Oh, and I might as well add that I don't care for dual monitor support, even though I literally am using two monitors right now.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm

^^^ LOL...tears