LIVE 9 you Screwed Me! STILL NO audio comping feature?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Endevorin

LIVE 9 you Screwed Me! STILL NO audio comping feature?

Post by Endevorin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Logic Pro , Pro tools, and Cubase ALL have a comping feature that allows you too record multiple loops of the same section of audio, then view them vertically in the order the were recorded so you can easily select and choose the best parts of the performance. this is ESSENTIAL in a studio setting. Lacking this feature has forced me to use another DAW along side of ableton for all vocals and other audio parts. Punch in and punch out works well but sometimes you don't want to stop the loop record so the singer or guitarist can get in the vibe for the first few takes. This would also make doing a stutter dubstep bass extremely easy when combined with a chain selector and multiple instruments. I could record a loop for each instrument and comp the different parts of each together after the recording.

IN SUMMARY please add a COMPILE feature to live All studio musicians and artists will thank you dearly,

miekwave

Re: LIVE 9 you Screwed Me! STILL NO audio comping feature?

Post by miekwave » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 am

A good workarround is to crate a new track with the "COMP" tracks on different scenes.

Set Quantize to "none" and "Legato" on each clip.

Stream your COMP into a new record track... pronto you just comped on Ableton Live...

This process is easier if you had a launchpad

Endevorin

Post by Endevorin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 am

I have both a launchpad and akia apc. I understand the technique your refering top it works good for synth parts when play live but for recording and producing vocals in arrangement view this "work around" doesn't work

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 am

Endevorin wrote:I have both a launchpad and akia apc. I understand the technique your refering top it works good for synth parts when play live but for recording and producing vocals in arrangement view this "work around" doesn't work
I agree, LIVE arrangement editor should have comp. I guess we have to stick to good ol' fashion "Tape n paste" technique using multiple tracks... if we want to do it in LIVE

Endevorin

Post by Endevorin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 am

hahaha exactly how it is too ! makes me feel thankful I'm not actually tracking on an analogue tape machine and manually cutting it with a razor blade. I'll take my 32 bit float odd harmonics any day over that

cjonesnyc

Post by cjonesnyc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm

I've been waiting for this feature as well. Really thought it would of made it into Live 9. I've been using logic as a workaround, guess I'm used to it now and can't wait and see for the next version.

hmj

Post by hmj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:10 am

Workarounds. Want to use Ableton exclusively, let that word be your mantra.

Ableton lost their programming talent to BitWig - we wont be saying "new" features like track comping for a while.