Feature Request: Sticky Tracks

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Lye

Feature Request: Sticky Tracks

Post by Lye » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am

I would reallllly like this feature. The ability to make tracks sticky or add sticky tracks that always are visible regardless of how far in tracks you scroll (session view). I want to have a libraries of clips that I launch over various things and I don't want to have to scroll back to launch them. I know probably not putting new features in 9, but I just realized how much I would love this feature.
Last edited by Lye on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eventful

Re: Sticky Tracks

Post by Eventful » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Lye wrote:I would reallllly like this feature. The ability to make tracks sticky or add sticky tracks that always are visible regardless of how far in tracks you scroll (session view). I want to have a libraries of clips that I launch over various things and I don't want to have to scroll back to launch them. I know probably not putting new features in 9, but I just realized how much I would love this feature.
This is easily doable (to an extent) with a simple midi controller with a few buttons.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

Lye

Re: Sticky Tracks

Post by Lye » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:26 am

Eventful wrote:
Lye wrote:I would reallllly like this feature. The ability to make tracks sticky or add sticky tracks that always are visible regardless of how far in tracks you scroll (session view). I want to have a libraries of clips that I launch over various things and I don't want to have to scroll back to launch them. I know probably not putting new features in 9, but I just realized how much I would love this feature.
This is easily doable (to an extent) with a simple midi controller with a few buttons.
Not quite. I want to be able to see what is on each clip and other things about the track.

Someone might be able to make a touch OSC thing that does it but I'd much rather just have the tracks always there.

Lye

Re: Feature Request: Sticky Tracks

Post by Lye » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Also I was just thinking about this and another feature of this would be to make the tracks independently scrollable from the rest of the tracks.