Quick Song Mode (Full Concept)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
cybervertigo

Quick Song Mode (Full Concept)

Post by cybervertigo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 am

Here is a feature most Ableton users should find useful. Quick Song Mode. The ability to play scenes (all clips), in full, in any random order, and any set amount of times. A full song can be completed with very minimal scenes and viewing space. This can also be used in the Arrangement View to eliminate the need to scroll left to right to work on and complete a song. Very minimal viewing space would be needed in either view. Please see the picture for more details.

SpeedKing

Re: Quick Song Mode (Full Concept)

Post by SpeedKing » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm

I build most of my songs in session view, and this feature would be unbelievably cool actually. And the far right Xx number of times each clip is played is, by default, based on the longest clip in that scene. Yeah, this would be a freakin' awesome workflow tool. I love this idea actually.

+1

EDIT: And yes, I realize that the follow action can be used for the same end result, but it would be very, very nice if this was easy, built-in functionality.

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks for your input SpeedKing. This would definitely speed up song productivity. Also, I think Ableton 6 played full scenes, but it's been a long time since I used it. I don't remember for sure. I know maschine plays full scenes. But, the amount of times would be great for sure. No more unnecessary scrolling, doubling, fiddling with clip setting, etc... This would be a great feature for beginners and pros.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm

cybervertigo wrote:I know maschine plays full scenes.
I like that in Maschine you can quickly loop an individual scene or any range of multiple scenes, like having an instant follow action for scenes, and all that can be done from just the hardware (hold down the Scene button and tap the pad representing the scene you want to start looping and then tap the pad representing the scene where you want the loop to end). Very handy if I want to be working on just a particular scene or a range of scenes.

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 pm

I like that feature in Maschine too, humnumb. It makes overall song creation quick and easy. Having to adjust all the clips in Ableton seems inefficient with todays technology. The extra features are nice to have, but how can something so simple be missing.

Mi.Lo

Post by Mi.Lo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:11 pm

i do like this...! +1