Would this be a great feature for Push?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Would this be a great feature to add more expression and functionality to Push?

Yes
71%
No
14%
I don't care
14%

Total votes: 7

cybervertigo

Would this be a great feature for Push?

Post by cybervertigo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

If I understand a video I saw, Ableton is offering a new dedicated XY Pad in 9. Wouldn't it be great if Push had two pads? One on each side that can have multiple functions like an XY Pad, Virtual Joystick, Track-pad Mouse w/2 Buttons, etc... For example, if you wanted an XY Pad on the left and a V-Joystick on the right, you could. Then you want a mouse on the left and XY Pad on the right, instant change. Just tap the two mouse buttons simultaneously to quickly flip through the functions. I think this would make Push the ultimate! P.S. I didn't change the size of Push to make this layout work. It's the same exact size.

Last edited by cybervertigo on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Timbeaux

Re: PUSH... is something missing?

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:49 am

for people who like trackpads it could be nice, but i like a mouse more then a pad. A fingermouse can be an option too.

reeloy

Post by reeloy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 pm

do you really think, there'll be a redesign soon?

....i have'nt touch a mouse in years....even if comes to classical scores.....
get used to short cuts....and trackpads...

and push is defintily post mouse gear.....face it.....and catch up.....dealing with a mouse is finally over within the next five years....

and we only scratch the surface now......pushs ribbon controler will get so much more funcionality, soon...
we got no idea what the first updates will bring.....

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Timbeaux, I did actually consider the finger-mouse. The main reason I went with pads is for their multi use to switch from XY Pads, to V-Joystick, to Mouse. The pad can be used for many things. And this works for right hand or left hand people. Although the finger mouse can also be used as a joystick and somewhat an xy pad, possibly drum rolls, etc. The touch pad is also flat so it probably stays out of the way better.?.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 pm

as i said, i cant use a mousepad. iam getting angry when i have to touch it twice to get to the spot where i want to go. only option for me is an touchscreen where i can reach every corner i want.

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi reeloy,

No, I don't think there will be a new push soon. That's why I said something was missing. Especially since they made a new XY pad and always had the old one.

I love shortcuts too. And to use a mouse or not is everyone's choice. I find it more efficient for some things.

Regardless, too much focus is on the mouse. The mouse is just an extra bonus. I just think the overall feature would have been a great idea. Maybe in the future they'll have a XT version or something, who knows.

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 pm

yeah, I wouldn't want the pad clickable. Two small screens would be cool too, like ios/android. Can even get extreme and put two small ipod like devices in there haha Make them program-able and update-able....

Post by 102455 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 pm

lool thats a really well made clip *holdingupsarcasmshield

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 pm

lol now that would be an interesting feature for Push to have. No one else would have that! Talk about adding more expression to the device. I wonder if it would make the music better or worse.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 pm

reeloy wrote:push is defintily post mouse gear
Not if you prefer to use a mouse over a trackpad, since you will still be forced to use a mouse/trackpad for controlling a significant amount of Live even with Push.
reeloy wrote:dealing with a mouse is finally over within the next five years....
Or if you don't want to wait that long, you could get Maschine right now.

panten

Post by panten » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Humnumb, have a day off mate.

reeloy

Re: Would this be a great feature for Push?

Post by reeloy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 am

...ah, save maschines ass promo is back on track....

...ok, to be fair....maschine is post mouse gear, too...of course.

StefanoMDj

Post by StefanoMDj » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:25 pm

i voted yes but it would be difficult to implement it......in my opinion!

cybervertigo

Post by cybervertigo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:26 pm

StefanoMDj wrote:i voted yes but it would be difficult to implement it......in my opinion!
Hi StefanoMDj, Thanks for your vote. It can be done, look at products by Korg, Novation, or the Arturia Spark, even the KMI QuNeo, ICON I-C zwart and Wit. The technology is already here. Thanks again!