Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:37 am
Dear Ableton Team,
please implement the possiblity to freeze Groups, so that two tracks can be merged together fast and comfortable.
Would be awesome for creating submixes and saving CPU load.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:02 am
I second this feature request. It would prove extremely useful for mixing.
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:17 am
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 pm
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:09 am
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:29 pm
- Location: NYC
In short, that would be a problem for multichannel instruments that rely on the first track in the group which holds a plugin. Aside from that, is it not enough to select all the tracks in the group to freeze at once? This way you can still add plugins to the group track itself.
- Posts: 277
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 pm
Right now the best solution is to Export like you would when you render an entire track, or just resample? yikes.. but a simple freeze of a group down to one audio channel would be AWESOME!
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 pm
This is a really, really useful feature.
Please integrate it!
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 pm
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:40 pm
Just discovered this limitation. Freeze/Bounce In Place features really need to be beefed up.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:38 am
YES!!!! This would be incredibly useful & awesome!!!
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:22 am
- Location: denmark
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:08 am
Yep. I find myself having to deselect all the groups after Shift-selecting them all, then freeze them afterwards. Also, the same thing goes for resizing rows in Arrangement View. You can select multiple tracks then resize them altogether like in Microsoft Excel. However, we could not do that with group tracks. They seem to have a local scope of focus or something