Native 32-Bit VST support PLEASE

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
pencilrocket

Re: Native 32-Bit VST support PLEASE

Post by pencilrocket » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:47 am

Plugin developers aren't oblidged to port 32bit to 64bit because the plugins they sold are 32bit, not 64bit. We can ask but they don't necessarily have to.

TheGasMan

Post by TheGasMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Get this.

I just downloaded the latest patch for Ableton 8 (8.4.1) and surprise! this new version of Ableton 8 is native 64 bit! Loaded up the track i'm working on, and my VSTs won't load. Thanks Ableton! What a bunch of geniuses working there. I'm sure they didnt expect that anyone patching their copy of version 8 would have any 32 bit VSTs they still wanted to use.

So now what do I do? I have to stop working on the track I'm in the middle of, and find the 64 bit versions of all my VSTs, some of which are old, and outdated. A bunch of my VSTs are freebies that i've acquired over the years, and there is no support for 64 bit. I shouldn't have to go buy some bridge program like JBridge. It should have been anticipated by Ableton and included in the patch. Furthermore there should have been a warning: "Warning, upgrading to 8.4.1 will not let you use your 32 bit VSTS" at which point i would have cancelled the install. Patches are supposed to make things run better, not worse.

I don't have time for this shit.

Florian-Schneider

Post by Florian-Schneider » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 pm

TheGasMan wrote:Get this.

I just downloaded the latest patch for Ableton 8 (8.4.1) and surprise! this new version of Ableton 8 is native 64 bit! Loaded up the track i'm working on, and my VSTs won't load. Thanks Ableton! What a bunch of geniuses working there. I'm sure they didnt expect that anyone patching their copy of version 8 would have any 32 bit VSTs they still wanted to use.
There IS a 32 bit version of Live 8.4.1 (Intro, Std., Suite). Look into your acct and then into the download archive (I'm using Live 9). It just worked for me.
At least I can download it now, albeit I can't install because I am not complete downloading. But it should work.
HW: XMG P507/2017 (1TB SSD, 2x2TB HDD, 32GB RAM, W10Pro), AKAI MPK88, Novation Impulse 49, Push, RME Babyface
SW: Suite 10

TheGasMan

Post by TheGasMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Dude. I feel like such a n00B. You saved me a lot of frustration. Much appreciated.

Thanks!!