Update the Mackie Control Emulation protocol please

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
onosendai

Update the Mackie Control Emulation protocol please

Post by onosendai » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm

I have an SSL Nucleus and i found that the Ableton Live MCU protocol is very poor :

- Can't arm track with a button
- Metering is not working as it should be (too much lag)
- Calibration problem with LED : for exemple with 2 tracks, if i put Pan like this in live -10 +10, i read -9 +13 on the Nucleus.
etc...

My Nucleus works well with Reason, so i know it's not a problem with my Nucleus but the Live MCU Protocol.

Ryder17

Re: Update the Mackie Control Emulation protocol please

Post by Ryder17 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 pm

They are on it.. Everyone using the mackie+xt scripts is having the same bother. I submitted a report today, I think it's just a silly mistake in the xt script, shouldnt take much fixing

motorhorst

Post by motorhorst » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Hey, I fixed most of the bugs in the mackie implementation. Simply download the files listed below (as far as you need) and put them into the corresponding midi remote scripting folder on your machine:

OSX: applications/<Live 9 => show package content>/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/MackieControl or MackieControlXT
WIN7: C:\ProgramData\Ableton\<Live xxx>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl or MackieControlXT
WINXP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ableton\<Live xxx>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl or MackieControlXT

Then run Live 9. All the modifications are without any warranty and at your own risk of course. Please backup your corresponding .pyc files before. They will be overwritten.

MackieControlXT.py (http://we.tl/i0UTapV3Hi)
will fix the button issue on MackieXTs. Put it in your MackieControlXT folder.

MackieControl.py (http://we.tl/PPxSuwfgHv)
will fix the bug, that fader and buttons of Mackie Control stay in it's last state when quitting live. Put it in your MackieControl folder.

ChannelStrip.py (http://we.tl/gCMT2smL8i)
will fix slow reacting channel peak meters/leds. Especially for those nucleus users out there it is a shame to have a one second delay on each channel's peak meter. If you use this fix, keep in mind that midi traffic will increase. But I haven't noticed any serious loss in performance on my machine. Also "Fader-touch selects channel" ist added. If you don't like this feature, simply comment out line 155 (#self.__select_track()). Put it in your MackieControl folder.

Transport.py (http://we.tl/rVrVoMJjSB)
will change the behaviour of your transport section in Arrangement mode: By holding the loop button while turning the transport wheel you can set position and length of the loop (like in logic). The scrub/alt/ctrl buttons are now used to modify the speed/grid of track position marker when turning the transport wheel. The position always snaps to the selected grid. Pressing the transport play button in Arrangement View starts playing from the actual position of the transport wheel marker by default and can be changed by pressing ctrl or shift. Put it in your MackieControl folder.

Thats it so far. Further improvements are planned when i have more time.
Please ask me if you discover any bugs. I've tested with nucleus and anything works as expected and even better than Mackie has ever worked under Live ;-)

Cheers
Horst

onosendai

Post by onosendai » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Holly crap who are you ? 8O

You fixed everything and it works better than before, i have not enough words to say thank you :)

Ableton should offer you something fo this, i will tell them about your work.

What are you planning after that ? As you unlock the amazing "Fader-touch selects" (i can't believe i can use it right now, i was not expecting this soon), the only thing i miss is the opportunity to arm track for recording with the SEL buttons. Could you do that ?

motorhorst

Post by motorhorst » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Thx,

you can toggle between SEL/ARM by pressing the "rec" button (placed under the user 2 button).

By now I have updated the ability to switch touch fader mode on/of by pressing the param button on nucleus and accessing the master channel strip by pressing the pan button on the rightmost channelstrip on left side.

When i have more time, i will go over the transport section. I'll post an (nucleus only) update next days.

Cheers.

onosendai

Post by onosendai » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 am

Doh ! I can arm track right now >_<

I've tried to push the "pan" button on track 8 to access the master but it didn't work, do i miss something ?

You are a Magician :)

ZackX

Post by ZackX » Fri May 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey guys, links not working.

Could you share this files again please?

Tks!

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 am

ZackX wrote:Hey guys, links not working.

Could you share this files again please?

Tks!
+1
please, please, please upload it again!! i need it very bad

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 am

motorhorst wrote:Hey, I fixed most of the bugs in the mackie implementation. Simply download the files listed below (as far as you need) and put them into the corresponding midi remote scripting folder on your machine:

OSX: applications/<Live 9 => show package content>/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/MackieControl or MackieControlXT
WIN7: C:\ProgramData\Ableton\<Live xxx>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl or MackieControlXT
WINXP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ableton\<Live xxx>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl or MackieControlXT

Then run Live 9. All the modifications are without any warranty and at your own risk of course. Please backup your corresponding .pyc files before. They will be overwritten.

MackieControlXT.py (http://we.tl/i0UTapV3Hi)
will fix the button issue on MackieXTs. Put it in your MackieControlXT folder.

MackieControl.py (http://we.tl/PPxSuwfgHv)
will fix the bug, that fader and buttons of Mackie Control stay in it's last state when quitting live. Put it in your MackieControl folder.

ChannelStrip.py (http://we.tl/gCMT2smL8i)
will fix slow reacting channel peak meters/leds. Especially for those nucleus users out there it is a shame to have a one second delay on each channel's peak meter. If you use this fix, keep in mind that midi traffic will increase. But I haven't noticed any serious loss in performance on my machine. Also "Fader-touch selects channel" ist added. If you don't like this feature, simply comment out line 155 (#self.__select_track()). Put it in your MackieControl folder.

Transport.py (http://we.tl/rVrVoMJjSB)
will change the behaviour of your transport section in Arrangement mode: By holding the loop button while turning the transport wheel you can set position and length of the loop (like in logic). The scrub/alt/ctrl buttons are now used to modify the speed/grid of track position marker when turning the transport wheel. The position always snaps to the selected grid. Pressing the transport play button in Arrangement View starts playing from the actual position of the transport wheel marker by default and can be changed by pressing ctrl or shift. Put it in your MackieControl folder.

Thats it so far. Further improvements are planned when i have more time.
Please ask me if you discover any bugs. I've tested with nucleus and anything works as expected and even better than Mackie has ever worked under Live ;-)

Cheers
Horst
has anybody downloaded this and could send it to me? i really need it! thx

videastic

Post by videastic » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Files fixed my issues.
Last edited by videastic on Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZackX

Post by ZackX » Thu May 09, 2013 12:31 am

Anyone try Mackie protocol on live 9.0.4?

Seems everything working

shadiradio

Post by shadiradio » Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 am

Still experiencing the same issues on 9.0.4 that I have since 8.x:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=183176

mauronedj

Post by mauronedj » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm

A little up to this topic!

Does anyone still have this files?
I can't find those anywhere...
Thanks,
Mauro.

justindelay

Post by justindelay » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:18 am

I'm really sorry to dig up a very old thread, but I would love to get my hands on these modified scripts. Does anyone still have them?

unix23

Post by unix23 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:11 pm

bump